Teleconverter 1,4 with a 55-300 lens will it work ok

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 20:46
cbrog wrote:
bforbes wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="cbrog"]

Actually it frightened the life out me - I didn't hear or see it coming and it was very low!

Roger

"Should have gone to Specsavers" they do ear tests. How could you not hear a Merlin coming. But never mind it's a good shot of a icon

Quote:
I'll have you know I once spent 13 hours sitting behind four Merlins including a fuel and tighten up the loose bits stop on Malta There is a little bit of a story behind that picture which I didn't know when I originally posted it some three years ago. But I don't intend to bore you with that!

Sounds like you were on the ground in Malta behind the engines of a Lincoln - Salutations for your service! - and probably why you might be a little "deaf" as being anywhere in or near a running Linc for any longish period of time was reputed to be a "sure route" to hearing loss , and thus why you didn't hear that Spit coming

John
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 04/02/2020 - 20:57

cbrog

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 21:06
Oh no - the Lincoln hadn't been invented then. A clue....This aircraft was mainly fabricated from Lancaster parts.

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 21:10
cbrog wrote:
Oh no - the Lincoln hadn't been invented then. A clue....This aircraft was mainly fabricated from Lancaster parts.

Thus a Lancastrian !

PS: the Lincoln, as you well know, was originally going to be the next version of the Lancaster until it was decided that the extensive changes to the design warranted a new name!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 04/02/2020 - 21:18

cbrog

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 21:17
Nearly right! The Lancastrian was a civilian version of the Lancaster. The crate I was flying in on that occasion was a wartime Avro York. Well transport was a bit short at that time because somebody had set fire to the 'Empire Windrush'. That name ring a bell?

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 21:19
cbrog wrote:
Nearly right! The Lancastrian was a civilian version of the Lancaster. The crate I was flying in on that occasion was a wartime Avro York. Well transport was a bit short at that time because somebody had set fire to the 'Empire Windrush'. That name ring a bell?

OOPS. had forgotten about the York!

Bit like a Lanc but with a "T/C added" - i.e, "same" size but with a "bigger belly"!
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 04/02/2020 - 21:28

jeallen01

Link Posted 04/02/2020 - 22:00
PS to the many who have never heard of the AVRO York, it was freighter version of the Lancaster - see here and elsewhere.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.