Tamron Adapt-a-Matic Lenses

9erfan

Link Posted 12/09/2012 - 15:43
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience using these and what are your opinions please? I'm particularly interested in opinions of the 80-250 model number
PZ-20Au.

Cheers...Paul.

9erfan

Link Posted 12/09/2012 - 17:08
Hi Gareth,

Put in 'pentax es m42' in the ebay search engine and you'll find one for £12.95 plus £2.95 p+p (used) - fairly sure that's the one you need to convert your 300mm lens (if it is the 670Au model).

Regards...Paul.

womble

Link Posted 12/09/2012 - 21:16
The ES was screwmount so I'm not certain how this changes anything. I have an Adaptall ES mount currently used to attach an Adaptall lens to, believe it or not, an ES...

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Helpful

davidstorm

Link Posted 12/09/2012 - 22:41
Hi Paul, I definitely have an Adapt-a-matic and it's a 300mm F5.6 in beautiful original condition. Made in 1972 and hardly a mark on it, it has an M42 Adapt-a-matic mount, and also has a Minolta SRT adptor. I use it on the K-5 and K-x, with a flush-fitting K-mount adaptor permanently fitted.

I bought it on ebay from an old local gentleman for £20 last year and it has to be my best lens bargain to date. It is beautifully made, and sharp when stopped down to F8, although at 5.6 it's a bit ropey. It's very easy to focus as it has a lovely smooth action. Here are a few shots taken with it:

PM me if you want any more information, I appreciate this isn't the same model as you're looking at, but I might be able to give you some useful hints.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Helpful

9erfan

Link Posted 13/09/2012 - 16:38
Many thanks for that David and grand pictures they are too. I don't really need the lens (the 80-250) but having seen it and held it, it is a thing of beauty, and I am sorely tempted (and your shots may have sealed my fate - we will see).

And Gareth, yes that is the item I was referring to. Hope that was of use to you.

And Kris, thanks for that info. I'm only recently regaining my photography knowledge so that was news to me.

9erfan

Link Posted 13/09/2012 - 16:42
Gareth, sorry just realised the point you were making. Adaptall as oppsed to Adapt-a-Matic. D'oh! My apologies for the bum steer.

davidstorm

Link Posted 13/09/2012 - 21:08
Hi Paul, thanks for the nice comments on the pictures. I forgot to mention too that the 300mm (model 670au) Adapt-a-matic has 10 aperture blades that can produce some sensational bokeh given the right conditions (see below).

Although I have a Pentax 55-300 and a Sigma 50-500, I won't be getting rid of the Adapt-a-matic as it offers a completely different experience and result to the other long lenses I own and I do like to dust it off and use it in anger every now and then.
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.