Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Sunny February afternoon with the MX

pschlute
Posted 14/02/2019 - 16:55 Link
Lovely weather here again today, and as my K1 is in for repair I got my old MX out of retirement to take a few pictures on b+w down at Newark Priory on the River Wey.

It is fun using film again, really makes you stop and think about every shot.

Comment Image
bjolester
Posted 14/02/2019 - 20:26 - Helpful Comment Link
Beautiful camera! The MX and KX are my favourite Pentax film cameras.
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
swarf
Posted 14/02/2019 - 20:52 Link
Lovely camera! When it came out I couldn't afford one and had to settle for an ME instead. I've still got it, and the 40mm pancake that came with it, they both still feel and handle beautifully.

I hope that you explored past the Priory through to the area the other side of the lock.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
pschlute
Posted 15/02/2019 - 04:06 Link
swarf wrote:

I hope that you explored past the Priory through to the area the other side of the lock.

Phil

Not this time Phil, but I have done many a walk up to Walsham Gates and Ockham Mill, and the other direction to Papercourt lock. This summer I might do a series on the Wey Navigation and it's Locks.
Posted 15/02/2019 - 16:42 Link
Lovely camera Peter... have one of these myself... don't take it for a spin nearly often enough... hope you had a good outing with it...

Best
stub
Posted 15/02/2019 - 18:49 Link
Enjoy your outing... Ballhead looks impressive...! But cant figure from your photo how it puts the camera in portrait mode..?
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
pschlute
Posted 15/02/2019 - 20:07 Link
stub wrote:
Enjoy your outing... Ballhead looks impressive...! But cant figure from your photo how it puts the camera in portrait mode..?

Release the lock and move the set-up to portrait orientation.

Comment Image
pschlute
Posted 15/02/2019 - 20:17 Link
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Lovely camera Peter... have one of these myself... don't take it for a spin nearly often enough... hope you had a good outing with it...

Best

It is 38 years old now. I have had it serviced/seals replaced once in that time. Not used it for a few years, but everything appears to work, I will find out when i see the pictures

I had the MX from 1981 until 1991 when I got a Z-1. The Z-1 gave up the ghost recently but I have a replacement. I will give that an outing soon. In recent years I have built up a small collection of film SLR's with a K1000; MX; ME Super; ME-F; Super-A; and LX. Makes it more bearable being without the K-1

When i get the pictures processed I will post them on here.
womble
Posted 19/02/2019 - 23:13 Link
Took mine round the world. LX with colour film, MX with BW. Lovely cameras both.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.