Stuck adaptor
Posted 14/04/2014 - 15:41
Link
Funnily enough I was looking for info on various lens mounts after another post here the other day. I came across this site which states that there were actually two different 42mm mounts - the M42 with a 1mm screw thread pitch and the T with a 0.75mm pitch. Is it possible you've got a T lens and an M adaptor or vice versa?
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
Jamie
Posted 14/04/2014 - 15:53
Link
Interesting Jamie!!
I was not aware of this, so will look into it.
It won't cause me a particular problem if it remails stuck to the lens as I don't have any other M42s and can still mount it on the camera.
Thanks
I was not aware of this, so will look into it.
It won't cause me a particular problem if it remails stuck to the lens as I don't have any other M42s and can still mount it on the camera.
Thanks
Posted 14/04/2014 - 16:11
Link
Same thing happened to me where I could not remove adapter from lens thread but after few attempts i went off. I just used towel to hold the adapter and a bit of force it released.
Posted 14/04/2014 - 16:56
Link
I'm guessing it wasnt made by Pentax?
The genuine article is screwed onto the lens and then both are fitted to the camera in the normal fashion. The lens is then unscrewed from the body; you have temporarily converted the K mount body to M42. You then remove the adapter by pressing the spring and out it pops.
It would be worth remounting it and trying to unscrew it.
The genuine article is screwed onto the lens and then both are fitted to the camera in the normal fashion. The lens is then unscrewed from the body; you have temporarily converted the K mount body to M42. You then remove the adapter by pressing the spring and out it pops.
It would be worth remounting it and trying to unscrew it.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 14/04/2014 - 17:54
Link
If you have an old k mount film camera that you are not bothered about remount it on to that and apply brute force. I had quite a bit of bother with cheap adaptors now only use genuine Pentax never had any hassle since
The last one that got stuck had to be removed with a dremmel and a pair of pliers!!
The last one that got stuck had to be removed with a dremmel and a pair of pliers!!
Posted 14/04/2014 - 18:32
Link
I think Geordie is right. The best solution Actually I think You can find information in genuine manual:
1. mount adapter to camera body
2. then mount lens to the adapter
To unmount LENS from camera
1. Unscrew the lens from adapter
2. Unmount the adapter from camera body
1. mount adapter to camera body
2. then mount lens to the adapter
To unmount LENS from camera
1. Unscrew the lens from adapter
2. Unmount the adapter from camera body
Posted 15/04/2014 - 13:14
Link
Many thanks for all this guidance.
The adaptor is a genuine Pentax one. I attached the adaptor to the camera and then screwed in the lens. Whe I unscrewed the lens the adaptor was still attached to it and I could not remove it,
Regards
The adaptor is a genuine Pentax one. I attached the adaptor to the camera and then screwed in the lens. Whe I unscrewed the lens the adaptor was still attached to it and I could not remove it,
Regards
Posted 15/04/2014 - 13:17
Link
IIRC the genuine Pentax adapter has a widget that releases the spring clip (next to the "A" of Asahi) on the K-mount.
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 15/04/2014 - 13:20
Link
Posted 15/04/2014 - 14:21
Link
Adapter stuck on lens not body so little catch not solution....
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 15/04/2014 - 14:33
Link
If it's your only M42 lens then IMO it's best left on the lens. I modified my earliest adapters to keep them om the lens & speed up lens changing.
FWIW T2 threads (42mm X0.75) are sufficently different that the adapter will only go on about one turn maximum. It seems there is also a 42mm x 0.5 size thats been used for some filter threads - I've never seen one of these but came across stepping rings for them, as well as a few listed as 'm42' without specifying the thread which turned out to be T2.
FWIW T2 threads (42mm X0.75) are sufficently different that the adapter will only go on about one turn maximum. It seems there is also a 42mm x 0.5 size thats been used for some filter threads - I've never seen one of these but came across stepping rings for them, as well as a few listed as 'm42' without specifying the thread which turned out to be T2.
Mike
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
.
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.
.[size=11:].Flickr• WPF• Panoramio
Posted 15/04/2014 - 14:37
Link
Quote:
Adapter stuck on lens not body so little catch not solution....
That's where these widgets have pins on the other side to unscrew from the back end of the lens.
Adapter stuck on lens not body so little catch not solution....
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 15/04/2014 - 17:04
Link
Again many thanks for all your advices. As I said recently it is my only M42 so will just leave it on!!!
Posted 15/04/2014 - 19:20
Link
IF your sole M42 lens is a Takumar or similar it may be that the first ring on the body is set to 'auto' (instead of 'man') which can prevent the adaptor being unscrewed.
Roger.
Roger.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



199 posts
13 years
Edinburgh