Storage of Photography kit....

Jetsam1

Link Posted 11/10/2013 - 09:44
I'm leaving the country in January but as part of the organisation phase we need to start boxing stuff up now.

I need to clear a room where much of the clutter is film/dslr and lenses. I plan to put everything back in original boxes where possible and if not use something appropriate and store them in one large plastic box until we move and they can come back out.

I'm only keeping the K-01 and a CSC back as there won't be any time for photography of any sort over the next few months!

I'm aware that there could be issues with the lenses and I wondering if anyone could give any pointers of the best way to go about this? They will be boxed up for around 3-4 months whether this is long enough for problems I don't know? Everything has been stored on shelves or a non-airtight draw.

Cheers!
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!

johnriley

Link Posted 11/10/2013 - 09:49
Storage can be tricky, but at least store in a cool, dry environment and put plenty of silica gel in the boxes. Hopefully 3-4 months won't be too bad, lenses can last a lot longer than that in less ideal circumstances.
Best regards, John

Jetsam1

Link Posted 11/10/2013 - 14:21
We'll see, space for big boxes is limited so will have to be non-ideal I think. Have a load of silica gel on order!
K5, K200 and several film Pentax cameras!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.