Stayed in Rosyth this Weekend

jules

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 12:42
So of course the two inevitables happened...
1: It rained cats and dogs for all five days we were there!
2: When it finally stopped I went for a quick walk to shoot the Forth Bridge!

All taken at the end of the day in the short two Hr dry spell on our last day (yesterday)...

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 28/01/2014 - 12:59

Algernon

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 15:18
I like the first one best. The larger cobbles give it
greater depth.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

jules

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 15:25
Mine too Algi, the second one has amazing detail but that was because it was the only one taken when in probably the "Cleanest" light of the session. That Squally cloud to the right was doing it's thing over the estuary most of the time I was there! It really created some amazing diffuse light at times but I was only given enough time for about half a dozen shots in quick succession, from two pretty similar locations, time and tide waits for no man I guess...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams

benwood08

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 17:19
Ha at least you had a decent spell of weather yesterday....pictures of the ship 6 miles north of Fraserburgh yesterday to come.

jules

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 18:44
As in the Pub on Shore St?
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

benwood08

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 18:54
Pub....i wish, at least the floor in the pub stays level!

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 28/01/2014 - 20:28
Am I missing something? Where's the 1st, 2nd & 3rd
I like the one with the log in the foreground.
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

jules

Link Posted 29/01/2014 - 05:13
SteveEveritt wrote:
Am I missing something? Where's the 1st, 2nd & 3rd
I like the one with the log in the foreground.

Oh Ha Ha!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

Smeggypants

Link Posted 29/01/2014 - 05:53
Yeah put some spaces between the shots

First one is the best. The 2nd one has the composition with the log and bollards clumsy

They have all got the Jaggies. Sadly when I click on them to view them at a decent size and no Jaggies they are still 800px.

The 800px limit is OK for in thread display, but we should be able to click on the image and view it at a decent size. Upload your pics at something like 1400 or 1600 px wide. They'll still be resized to 800 for the thread, but clicking on them will reveal their true glory

btw - know Rosyth Well. Worked at the Navy base there loads of times.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

jules

Link Posted 29/01/2014 - 10:21

One from the journey home, after this we went down the business quarter and attacked some of the bars (Far better than the dives of Rose St, CAFE ROYAL and GUILDFORD ARMS excepted, ok not technically on Rose St but they are always good and worth a mention)...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.