SRS are Great....Pentax OK in the end...

NeilP

Link Posted 28/04/2016 - 23:52
Some of you may remember I have had some fun with my K-3 (see here: link) where Pentax failed to repair a shutter fault, then after it was sent back for repair the 2nd time, I wasted weeks before they, they refused to replace it and tried to make me pay for the repair.

Pentax did (after some insistence from SRS) agree to repair it for free, well replace the part they thought was faulty (different to the part replaced the first time, for the same fault...). Well after a couple of weeks the repair didn't hold and the shutter fault returned, then didn't occur for a couple of weeks and I was wondering if it was worth trying a 3rd time, but my first child was due soon so I figured a faulty camera was better than none and they had my camera for so long (nearly 10 weeks) that it was now out of the 2 year warranty so I might have trouble getting them to do anything. (In fact I'd only had the camera to use for about 17 months out of the 2 years!)

Unfortunately I was out using my camera a few weeks ago and it just would not turn on. It was completely dead. So off it went for a 3rd time.

But finally, after some hard work by the folks at SRS (and possibly as I told Pentax I would to go to trading standards?) this arrived today.

k-3 by Neil Phillips, on Flickr

A new replacement

Certainly glad I bought through SRS. TBF I had no issues in the past with Pentax repairs and I heard similar bad stories for other brands customer services. Hopefully Pentax customer service will improve now they are trying to crack the pro market with the K-1.
UK Wildlife blog ----- UK Wildlife Facebook page ----- UK wildlife Twitter
Last Edited by NeilP on 28/04/2016 - 23:53

Northgrain

Link Posted 29/04/2016 - 08:13
That's good news Neil, glad to see this

Yet again, credit to SRS in helping look after their customers.
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

K10D

Link Posted 29/04/2016 - 08:56
Good news indeed. Have your blood pressure and stress levels dropped yet?

SRS seem to be at the pinnacle of customer service, deservedly so after this outcome.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

stu62

Link Posted 29/04/2016 - 11:42
I like srs they make you welcome and in my opinion it is like Jessops use to be when I bought my first new camera

Go in and it's how are you and what toys do you want to play with today

OldTaffy

Link Posted 30/04/2016 - 18:34
I'll also add my 'like' vote. A cheery lot, with friendly banter. They even bought a (non-Pentax) 50mm lens that I no longer wanted, and then added a few more quid for the broken old camera that it was attached to. Said that it was more economical to buy the camera as well, rather then paying for a rear lens cap.
Don't get the idea that they are merry amateurs - the staff are highly efficient and good to deal with.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

davesexton

Link Posted 05/05/2016 - 12:48
I recently purchased my K-1 from SRS and my K-30 before that. I have always found them to be great to deal with. Good product knowledge, impartial and excellent advise and an obvious passion fro photography.
Capture: Pentax K-1, PENTAX HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR, PENTAX 100mm f/2.8 WR Macro, SAMYANG 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC, SAMYANG 35mm F1.4 AS UMC, SAMYANG 85mm F1.4 AS IF UMC

Processing: Adobe Bridge for organisation, DxO Optics Pro Elite for RAW development, ON1 Photo RAW for some 'stylising' and Affintiy Photo for more involved edits.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.