Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

South Stack Five

Antony
Posted 05/11/2023 - 15:28 Link
Lighthouse on Anglesey, Wales. Which one (if any) would you frame and hang on a wall? I can't decide!
K3-3, 16-50 PLM, except the second one - 55-300 PLM. I'm not sure about the colour tints, though they look a bit better on my larger monitor!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
bforbes
Posted 05/11/2023 - 15:38 Link
The portrait for me. Might have got away with the B&W, but the post is to dominant.

When I was there a few weeks ago you could hang in a raincoat, the wind was that strong
Flan
Posted 05/11/2023 - 16:04 Link
Agree, the portrait is the best balanced, you were obviously getting into the zone so to speak and it shows.
One could edit it many times over and it will still look great to the eye.
PRYorkshire
Posted 05/11/2023 - 17:18 Link
Yes definitely the portrait version. It has everything you want, foreground interest, walls draw your eye to the lighthouse and then you see the beautiful colours in the sky. A large print hanging of this view is something you could look at all day.
Paul

K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.
Posted 05/11/2023 - 20:47 Link
portrait version - some great wall mountable shots there amongst tothers though
Grumpy GrandPa, Recently Retired.
Gotta K-3iii now, had a K-S2, K50 and so suffering from a relapse and so buying digital camera kit.
Previous addiction has resulted in using Zeniths, Yashicamat, Chinons, Minoltas, Samsungs, Fujis, Cosina, Kodak, Lumix, Canon, Nikon and Pentax etc etc - have tried most makes in the past 50 years. Love cameras - love taking photos even more
Lubbyman
Posted 05/11/2023 - 21:23 Link
Another vote for the portrait version. But only if portrait shape will look right in the space on the wall where you want to hang it .

Steve
RichardC
Posted 05/11/2023 - 21:29 Link
The portrait one for me also, the sea and sky complement each other best in that one for my taste.
Antony
Posted 06/11/2023 - 21:42 Link
Thanks for your comments, definitely a unanimous decision!
pschlute
Posted 06/11/2023 - 23:23 Link
These are all rather special. The way you have captured the light is superb.
LennyBloke
Posted 07/11/2023 - 13:35 Link
Got to agree with Peter - the light does look a bit special

And I'd probably agree with the majority on the Portrait image being the stand out shot
LennyBloke
Antony
Posted 08/11/2023 - 15:23 Link
Thanks, Lenny
womble
Posted 08/11/2023 - 17:59 Link
Portrait one for me too. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.