Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Someone is listening for once

RobL
Posted 22/01/2021 - 18:26 Link
I recently received a box of Hahnemuehle smooth white matte fine art print paper and found it impossible to tell which was the coated face. I know they are normally packed with the coated face upwards but it didn't look right and as a result I printed on the back face instead. I e-mailed a suggestion to Hahnemuehle that it would help greatly if they printed something like a logo on the back to make it much easier, and I also said that it was all very well for a photographer to sell a photo as printed on fine art museum quality paper but it would be great if this was verifiable for both the photographer's and the purchaser's benefit. To my surprise the board of directors is taking it seriously, and as a bonus they are sending me some sample sheets which are labelled. So, hat's off to Hahnemuehle for actually listening!
Edited by RobL: 22/01/2021 - 18:26
LennyBloke
Posted 22/01/2021 - 18:59 Link
That's a result Rob - and a big help to others if it gets rolled out
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 22/01/2021 - 19:39 Link
Nice. I love Hahnemuehle paper. I dont print myself but their "photo-rag" and "German etching" are my choice when I send images off for printing.
RobL
Posted 23/01/2021 - 08:00 Link
pschlute wrote:
Nice. I love Hahnemuehle paper. I dont print myself but their "photo-rag" and "German etching" are my choice when I send images off for printing.

One great aspect of home printing on a proper photo printer is experimenting with different papers, some of which won’t be available through commercial printers. For instance I also use Hahnemuhle Natural Line papers and I have a great flower print on H’s rice paper which looks like an oriental watercolour. Canson do some great papers too.
McBrian
Posted 25/01/2021 - 23:41 Link
The A4 Trial Packs are great value and all sheets are clearly identified on the back surface.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.