Some photos from Budapest with the Sigma 10-20mm and K-30

milamber

Link Posted 12/12/2012 - 17:55
Haven't posted any photos for a while so thought I'd share a few of my favourites from the last few days in Budapest. I took several lenses, but ended up using the 10-20mm 90% of the time (as usual) and all the best ones are from that lens. It's simply so versatile and such high quality. All slightly processed, cropped a little, contrast adjusted etc.

I don't usually do B & W, but thought this lent itself to it. Sun just breaking through the snow clouds.

Another one where the sun just broke through the dark clouds for a minute or two, but looked better left in colour.

Got a bit carried away with these as they were great subjects with a wide angle. Looks like a Canaletto triptych...Shame about the 2 bright areas, unless anyone can give me some hints on removal?

Another similar one

Trying to make a social statement here, but didn't quite have the skill to pull it off sadly. It was such a contrast with the elderly lady begging and everyone rushing past, buying gifts and eating in warm restaurants. As she was moving so slowly I was hoping for her stationary and motion blur in everyone going past with people eating in the warm behind her. Didn't really achieve what I wanted to (and yes I did give her money!)

Not just for buildings!

This one at night. Not the greatest photo, but at 3200 ISO so I was pretty impressed with the K-30.

Yes, it was that cold!!!

Any C & C welcomed
Last Edited by milamber on 12/12/2012 - 17:58

Stuey

Link Posted 12/12/2012 - 19:14
I like 2 and 5 the most

Having read the 'commentary' you have given I think that you have probably pulled off what you tried to do in 5
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

Karl

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 03:19
1 great. rest not as good. why post beggar shot if you are not happy with it?

Karl

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 03:22
having looked. lose everything above the red canopy. the speed of others against her is emphasised and looks good. best shot of the set

woodworm

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 08:28
I like them personally, 1 & 2 especially. I have fond memories of BudaPest - was you brave enough to go to the outdoor baths?

The one with the old lady looks a little uneven to me due to the lines on the floor making it look as though it's sloping and the one of the two street entertainers needs a bit of straigtening as well.

milamber

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 08:36
woodworm wrote:
I like them personally, 1 & 2 especially. I have fond memories of BudaPest - was you brave enough to go to the outdoor baths?

No - we thought about it, but only had three days there and couldn't fit everything in. Maybe next time.

Comments appreciated - I'll have another play later based on them

milamber

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 08:54
How's this?

doubled

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 12:46
I like No.1 the best with its dramatic sky.

Perhaps a slightly tighter crop on No.3 and square it up a little? That's just my opinion of course!

Thanks for sharing!
D

szgabor

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 13:08
Lovely pictures, my favourite is the first one. If I had known you were coming then I would have shown you some interesting places in Budapest.
Regards,
Gábor
My website
My PPG site

milamber

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 13:22
szgabor wrote:
Lovely pictures, my favourite is the first one. If I had known you were coming then I would have shown you some interesting places in Budapest.

Hi Gábor

Thanks. I did have a quick look to see if any members lived in Budapest, but missed you! You certainly have a beautiful city, especially at Christmas and the best Opera House/Theatre we have ever been to.

szgabor

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 13:30
milamber wrote:
Hi Gábor

Thanks. I did have a quick look to see if any members lived in Budapest, but missed you! You certainly have a beautiful city, especially at Christmas and the best Opera House/Theatre we have ever been to.

Thanks for your praising words. Then next time.
Regards,
Gábor
My website
My PPG site

SlightlySoiled

Link Posted 13/12/2012 - 23:31
3,5 6 &8 stand out for me. All of them are good.

Redcow

Link Posted 16/12/2012 - 00:42
Nice shots. 2 and 7 my favorites. Loved the colours. I am learning with a long way to go!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.