Some more Cheap Lens shots on the K-1

davidstorm

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 19:52
Hi All

Following up on my theme over the past couple of weeks, here's a few more 'cheap lens' shots on the K-1. These are all with a 12 + postage (total 15) Sigma DL Macro Super 70-300mm, which was described on ebay as 'AF not working'. I think we all know this is a screw-drive lens, so if it was manually focusing, I was sure the AF would work, so I took a punt and bought it. When it arrived, the focus ring was in the 'locked' position (it has a slight detent after infinity to lock the ring in position), so I moved it out of lock and the lens works perfectly, including AF. It's in absolutely mint condition too. It will never be worth a fortune, but for 12 by God it's good!

Hope you like, all snapped on a walk today in my local Country Park (Rother Valley).

Comments and observations welcomed.
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 20:18
Some very nice images...particularly like the two geese...very sharp and colourful.

regards

Karlo

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 21:34
Bargain and they all look good to me
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 22:20
I like all of these, but particularly the fungii growing on the tree on the portrait shot and the teasels, lovely subtle colours.

Disappointed to see the state of the play area at Rother Valley. We take our grandson there for a ride on the miniature railway when we pick him up from Halfway school. However haven't been there since March last year, can't believe how run down it looks.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

davidstorm

Link Posted 18/03/2021 - 22:55
PRYorkshire wrote:
I like all of these, but particularly the fungii growing on the tree on the portrait shot and the teasels, lovely subtle colours.

Disappointed to see the state of the play area at Rother Valley. We take our grandson there for a ride on the miniature railway when we pick him up from Halfway school. However haven't been there since March last year, can't believe how run down it looks.

Hi Paul

Thanks for your comment, regarding the play area, it's been out of use for several years now and has just been left to rot. It's a bit odd, as there is investment going on in other areas of the park, there's all sorts of woodland management, path clearing etc happening. I wonder if Playdales was owned by a separate entity and not by the park, as it has just been left to go to rack and ruin.

Our house backs right onto the park, so it's a regular haunt for me during lockdown.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

philstaff

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 16:04
Number one for me the lens works well with the camera

Sry

Link Posted 07/04/2021 - 21:34
1 for me too, it conveys a wonderfully melancholic mood.
Last Edited by Sry on 07/04/2021 - 21:35

davidwozhere

Link Posted 08/04/2021 - 01:00
Super purchase. It's like a number of the later Takumars with 'jammed' irises. People don't know about the tiny pin that can only be depressed by a sharp object or by mounting the lens on a camera. There are some good buys there!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.