Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

some for the Prime + ext tube club

redbusa99
Posted 03/07/2019 - 17:29 Link
not to the standard set already but fun to do. only have 2 primes both 55mm. these are with Asahi Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 m42 lens @f2.8 + 21mm ext tube.

1. Comment Image

2. Comment Image

3. Comment Image

4. Comment Image

5. Comment Image

6. Comment Image
odd lens or 2

Flickr
LennyBloke
Posted 03/07/2019 - 19:20 Link
Blimey Joe - how can you suggest they aren't as good as the ones posted so far? IMO these show precisely that beautiful soft background look as the lens drifts out of focus - great shooting
LennyBloke
derek897
Posted 03/07/2019 - 19:35 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Blimey Joe - how can you suggest they aren't as good as the ones posted so far? IMO these show precisely that beautiful soft background look as the lens drifts out of focus - great shooting

Couldn't agree more. Cracking set.
I know what i like, If not always why.
PRYorkshire
Posted 03/07/2019 - 20:43 Link
Excellent shots with spot on focussing on the stamens and blurring of the background.
Paul

K1000, Espio 140, ist, istD, K70, K3iii and numerous lenses, just don't tell my wife.
Lubbyman
Posted 03/07/2019 - 22:22 Link
Nothing wrong with these! Love the flies going about their business. And the last one has a superb abstract, 3-D quality about it that is almost sculptural.

Steve
davidwozhere
Posted 04/07/2019 - 00:06 Link
Don't knock these. They are very good. I particularly like the ant(?) poking its head over the convolvulus flower and the hoverfly on the St John's Wort.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 04/07/2019 - 08:47 Link
Very nice images. I much prefer this style of macro shots without everything in focus and almost the whole frame clinically sharp, they're much more pleasant on the eye. I think this is helped by using an older lens. I have also found that Takumars on extension tubes can be great at macro, though I haven't done it for a while. I remember using my SMC Tak 105mm f/2.8 on tubes stopped down to around f/5.6 and it gave wonderful rendering.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
redbusa99
Posted 04/07/2019 - 09:01 Link
thanks all for comments, i think the oof areas look better on these than with my 105 sgma . will have a go with my other 55, Helios 4-44 f2, just to see if there is any difference
odd lens or 2

Flickr
davidstorm
Posted 05/07/2019 - 21:19 Link
Excellent shots, well taken. I love doing macro with standard lenses and tubes, will have a go this weekend and post my efforts tomorrow evening.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.