some for the Prime + ext tube club

redbusa99

Link Posted 03/07/2019 - 17:29
not to the standard set already but fun to do. only have 2 primes both 55mm. these are with Asahi Super Takumar 55mm f1.8 m42 lens @f2.8 + 21mm ext tube.

K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/07/2019 - 19:20
Blimey Joe - how can you suggest they aren't as good as the ones posted so far? IMO these show precisely that beautiful soft background look as the lens drifts out of focus - great shooting
LennyBloke

derek897

Link Posted 03/07/2019 - 19:35
LennyBloke wrote:
Blimey Joe - how can you suggest they aren't as good as the ones posted so far? IMO these show precisely that beautiful soft background look as the lens drifts out of focus - great shooting

Couldn't agree more. Cracking set.
I know what i like, If not always why.

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 03/07/2019 - 20:43
Excellent shots with spot on focussing on the stamens and blurring of the background.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/07/2019 - 22:22
Nothing wrong with these! Love the flies going about their business. And the last one has a superb abstract, 3-D quality about it that is almost sculptural.

Steve

davidwozhere

Link Posted 04/07/2019 - 00:06
Don't knock these. They are very good. I particularly like the ant(?) poking its head over the convolvulus flower and the hoverfly on the St John's Wort.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 04/07/2019 - 08:47
Very nice images. I much prefer this style of macro shots without everything in focus and almost the whole frame clinically sharp, they're much more pleasant on the eye. I think this is helped by using an older lens. I have also found that Takumars on extension tubes can be great at macro, though I haven't done it for a while. I remember using my SMC Tak 105mm f/2.8 on tubes stopped down to around f/5.6 and it gave wonderful rendering.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

redbusa99

Link Posted 04/07/2019 - 09:01
thanks all for comments, i think the oof areas look better on these than with my 105 sgma . will have a go with my other 55, Helios 4-44 f2, just to see if there is any difference
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 05/07/2019 - 21:19
Excellent shots, well taken. I love doing macro with standard lenses and tubes, will have a go this weekend and post my efforts tomorrow evening.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.