Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Software to produce a 'Contact Sheet' style picture?

andrewk
Posted 13/10/2010 - 15:05 Link
I had forgotten about Photoscape, which is a free download from here:
http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

You can print contact sheets - and can set lots of options ....

Andrew
SmutjeUK
Posted 13/10/2010 - 15:26 Link
I looked at photoscape but it does again not do the contact sheet in the way of just taking the folder, inserting x amount of pictures incl the picture number and then print them out on a A3 sheet.
I guess here it is that what you pay for you get. Lightroom looks indeed the best one but the price (even on feebay and the older version) brings tears to my eyes as it would take me half a year just to get version 2.
Sill there are still a couple of more I can try out.
I cant understand that a Graphics Program Suit like Corel x4 has no way of printing a contact sheet.
Oh well at least it keeps me busy on a **** day like today where I am in too much pain to be about and happy to sit here and see what I can find.
Many thanks for your continues support
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Aero
Posted 13/10/2010 - 15:29 Link
Irfranview (free download) is a very capable utility that others say does a good, quick job of contact sheets, although I haven't used it for this. link

Al
SmutjeUK
Posted 13/10/2010 - 15:33 Link
I am just locking at PSE but Irfranview will be my next stop as I still do not get used to the layout in PSE. Too close to Photoshop with too much floating about.
Again, many thanks for your help
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Daniel Bridge
Posted 13/10/2010 - 17:22 Link
I haven't tried it myself (don't use Corel Draw), but you could give this 'macro' a go, which apparently works within the program.

http://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/thumbnailer/index.htm

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
SmutjeUK
Posted 13/10/2010 - 17:43 Link
Daniel Bridge wrote:
I haven't tried it myself (don't use Corel Draw), but you could give this 'macro' a go, which apparently works within the program.

Dan

WOW, what can I say. Job done. This is fabulous. Exactly what I was looking for. Many many thanks for that. It just works like a dream.
Now to the laborious task of deleting all the other programs I tied
Thank again
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

andrewk
Posted 13/10/2010 - 19:25 Link
SmutjeUK wrote:
I looked at photoscape but it does again not do the contact sheet in the way of just taking the folder, inserting x amount of pictures incl the picture number and then print them out on a A3 sheet.

I'm glad you are now sorted.

Unless I have misunderstood what you want, the only bit of that which Photosscape doesn't do is allow you to drag a folder onto the onscreen contact sheet. You have to drag selected photo thumbnails. You can specify the number of rows & columns per page, photo size and filename height. It auto-rotates the thumbs if you want it to. You can even have the thumbs in grey-scale or sepia if the mood takes you.

Best of luck
Andrew
Daniel Bridge
Posted 13/10/2010 - 19:30 Link
SmutjeUK wrote:
Daniel Bridge wrote:

Dan

WOW, what can I say. Job done. This is fabulous. Exactly what I was looking for. Many many thanks for that. It just works like a dream.
Now to the laborious task of deleting all the other programs I tied
Thank again
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

Glad to be of help!

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.