So what are you going to do RE: Ricoh purchase of Pentax

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

petrochemist

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 14:31
My vote was 'Not sure', but this has nothing to do with the takeover.

I feel I'd like to upgrade my K100, & am somewhat tempted by the new line-up, but domestic bliss suggests I should rule out even a used Kx.

If I can avoid other Photography expenses then maybe in a few months...

vrapan

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 17:09
I had a D40 for over five years buying some lenses here and there. Now I am moving to Pentax. A K-5 is sure to last me just as long and given my fairly modest needs for lenses I doubt what happens to Pentax in 2,3,4 years time will affect my equipment or its ability to take good pictures.

Joe S

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 17:19
I have less worries with Ricoh management than with HOYA. HOYA have done a fine job trimming the business and making it a bit more mainstream. However, I never did see any sign they had any strategy for where the wanted to take Pentax. Ricoh seem to have that. And I need a new body ...
Hi. My name is Joel and I'm a travelholic.
Stolen kit: Pentax K7 #3428965 and Pentax FA 43mm #0028350

matwhittington

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 17:27
I'm hoping to get a K-5. Just about have enough cash saved but also need a new washing machine... The choice is either better ISO performance or clean clothes (and less strife!). I seem to have acquired a motley rabble of lenses so I should be good for now on that front (famous last words)

[actually I rather covet the DA* 60-250 at the moment but am managing to keep the LBA at bay...]

Regards

Cliff-P

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 17:54
I need to upgrade from the GX10 for something with the specs of the K5 (fast autofocus and better handling of high iso`s) but the K5 is well beyond my price range and tbh too small for my liking. Lets hope Ricoh give us more choice of DSLR cameras at an affordable price otherwise I shall look at other brands.
Cliff.

My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

trixie

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:18
Re Pentax take over from Ricoh, what will happen to our PU Membership and what are we going to be called "Ricoh User"!!!!! dont like it. Trixie

philstaff

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:21
I have no plans to purchase any more equipment for some time. Hopefuly Ricoh wont try to fix something that is not broken and we can continue on as normal.
Ian

trixie

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:24
philstaff wrote:
I have no plans to purchase any more equipment for some time. Hopefuly Ricoh wont try to fix something that is not broken and we can continue on as normal.
Ian

Lets hope they are not going to reinvent the wheel!!!!! Trixie

Mike-P

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:27
philstaff wrote:
Ian

Oh yipeee .. slow AF and nothing over a 300mm f4.

I'm hoping Ricoh gives the Pentax brand a good kick up the backside with some decent money invested in both research/development and marketing.
. My Flickr

johnwhit

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:44
Mike-P wrote:

Oh yipeee .. slow AF and nothing over a 300mm f4.

I'm hoping Ricoh gives the Pentax brand a good kick up the backside with some decent money invested in both research/development and marketing.

+1

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.

womble

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 18:47
I voted yes simply because the take-over has no impact on my desires. Dunno what I'll buy though, depends what comes along. Given I am using film more and more a 67 seems most likely!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Epithet Man

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 21:15
Was going to answer "yes" (K5) until I discovered that we needed a new dishwasher, a new fridge/freezer and that something very expensive has gone wrong with our car (adding this lot together would get me about three K5s).

So it's a "not sure".

Ricoh has nothing to do with it. I plan to stick with Pentax.

EM

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 21:31
I have voted not sure. Nothing to do with the takeover, more to do with financies.

I still want the Limiteds, but they are a desire rather than a need at the moment.
Some Cameras

wvbarnes

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 22:00
I have my KR and all the lenses I need.

Stuey

Link Posted 03/07/2011 - 22:28
I answered not sure - as much as I would like a K5 this year of supporting my girlfriend through her PGCE as kicked the arse out of my finances as has the decorating/renovation and my 7 year old.

However, if the K10 packs in the K5 will arrive ASAP.

I am not concerned with the Ricoh issue as anyone parting with that kind of purchase price I hope will have a sound strategy and Ricoh probably realise that some longer lenses will sell very well - here's hoping for some updated longer glass
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.