So is the K5II And K5IIS Worth buying ?

robbiec

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 01:05
The way I see it is this.. Pentax need US to buy new cameras, I'll sell my K-5 on to either another Pentaxian or maybe a new convert to get addicted. That lowers my buy in price (I'm not wealthy) and everyone wins. The loss on the original K-5 is rental fee for the last 20 something months.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

Smeggypants

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 01:23
robbiec wrote:
The way I see it is this.. Pentax need US to buy new cameras, I'll sell my K-5 on to either another Pentaxian or maybe a new convert to get addicted. That lowers my buy in price (I'm not wealthy) and everyone wins. The loss on the original K-5 is rental fee for the last 20 something months.

I don't buy products to benefit anyone else. I buy them to benefit me.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

robbiec

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 01:40
I'm not as selfish as you

Bigger picture view is that we do want newer, better, more of.. only way to do that is to support the company / community. I've learned loads tks to the Pentax community, so if I lose £50 on a sale to a fellow Pentax user.. big deal. Unless he or she crows about it... then I might have a sulk.
My Gallery
[url=http://pentaxphotogallery.com/Robbie Corrigan]ppg[/url]

Dave_Evanson

Link Posted 05/10/2012 - 20:53
I am considering trading in my K5 for a K5 IIs, but the big sticking point is ĎWhat if they release the K3 next year?í Ė It would be hard to upgrade again within a year and I would be annoyed at myself for rushing to get a K5 IIs.

The main advantage for me would be the AF improvement (especially at low light), but as I mostly use DA* and Limited lenses I could probably benefit from the potentially higher sharpness.

I guess to some extent it will depend on what sort of trade-in I could get for a 2 year old K5 (itís from the first batch to arrive in the UK). If itís worth very little then I would keep it as a spare but I donít really need/use a second body.

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 05/10/2012 - 23:08
I have hung on for a sensible upgrade to my K-7 and it's been hard not to go for the 5 especially when you see how good it is in low light and high ISO. But resist I have and now, after seeing the demo pictures, I am glad I have done the right thing, I will be opting for the IIs. It won't be until March/April next year though as funds won't allow till then.
As much as there is a need for a FF I'm not sure I would jump to it quite yet, I like the idea that I can get the equivalent to 750mm out of a 500mm lens and the fact that the cropped sensor uses the sweet spot of the lens all the time so no issues with losing edge quality.
Can't wait
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)

bforbes

Link Posted 05/10/2012 - 23:15
It's the age old dilemma. There will always be something new coming along
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Smeggypants

Link Posted 05/10/2012 - 23:35
robbiec wrote:
I'm not as selfish as you

Bigger picture view is that we do want newer, better, more of.. only way to do that is to support the company / community. I've learned loads tks to the Pentax community, so if I lose £50 on a sale to a fellow Pentax user.. big deal. Unless he or she crows about it... then I might have a sulk.

You still buy products to primarily benefit yourself though surely?

"I've learned loads tks to the Pentax community" - Sure, so have I, and I'm always happy to pass on any experiences I've gained to others. But we weren't talking about community we were talking about products
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.