Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

So glad I didn't sell this lens

LennyBloke
Posted 07/07/2019 - 22:34 Link
I listed my A* Macro 200mm f4 a few months back and had an agreed sale that didn't work out so it is still in my possession. This afternoon the light was pretty strong but had a nice quality about it as it was lowering in the sky, I spent a little while wandering around the garden with it mounted on the k1 mkII and even added a 12mm extension tube. It was one of those times where I felt inspired and pictures almost composed themselves, I shot 56 images and binned only 12 (that's a massive keeper rate for me) - so here are some of my favourites.

These really do benefit from being viewed at a larger size (click the image to see it on Flickr)!

1. Cucumber Tendril.
Comment Image

2. One small step for Flykind.
Comment Image

3. Willow Bokeh.
Comment Image

4. Luscious Lavender.
Comment Image

5. Not quite ready.
Comment Image

6. Chilli Flower.
Comment Image

7. Light in the shade.
Comment Image

8. Pollen gathering.
Comment Image

9. Hydrangea softness.
Comment Image

10. White weeds.
Comment Image

11. GreenBottle (?).
Comment Image

12. Leek Leaves.
Comment Image

13. Light Bulb moment.
Comment Image

14. Hair Raising.
Comment Image

As I said at the start, I'm really glad the sale of this lens fell through. Any criticisms and comments welcome
LennyBloke
davidstorm
Posted 07/07/2019 - 22:49 Link
Great set, very varied and high quality throughout. I agree with you - it's good you didn't sell that lens!

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
derek897
Posted 07/07/2019 - 23:03 Link
As above I too am glad you didnt.
This lens renders so well.
Super set of images. Hard to pick a fave as all are excellent and varied.
That is indeed a green bottle, difficult buggers to shoot. And angry noisy when flying. (I think I finally managed to get some shots of one today, )
Over here that white weed looks like what we call cow parsley,
Savage shooting sir 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.
alfpics
Posted 08/07/2019 - 09:24 Link
Pity there isn't a 'Set of the Week' award alongside POTW, John! They are all excellent
Andy
Posted 08/07/2019 - 09:31 Link
Beautiful set John... super compositions... 1,2,3,6 and 12 in particular for me.... lovely simplicity, softness and tone to them... that first one is very beautiful indeed...

Best
Lubbyman
Posted 08/07/2019 - 09:47 Link
That was a wander well spent. A lovely set with a distinct style (although I couldn't explain what it is!). No favourites, they're all good.

Seeing the picture of the chilli flower first time was interesting - at first quick glance I thought 'snowdrop'!

Steve
Nigelk
Posted 08/07/2019 - 09:48 Link
As others have said, a lovely set.
If ever you think of selling the lens again just look at these images to remind yourself that it's a keeper.
davidwozhere
Posted 22/07/2019 - 00:34 Link
1 and 5 stand out but they all show off the lens beautifully (and the bloke holding it!).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
LennyBloke
Posted 22/07/2019 - 21:15 Link
Thank you all for your very kind comments - this lens is truly a real gem, there's often hype over top end lenses but I doubt that any modern designs of long macro lenses could improve on this lens - having said that I wouldn't mind trying an FA*200 Macro - anyone got one they are fed up with :
LennyBloke

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.