SMC-Pentax-M 85mm-f2.0 Lens

Defragged

Link Posted 18/03/2014 - 21:53
For sale is my Pentax-M 85mm f2.0 lens

The body of this lens is in lovely almost unmarked condition, HOWEVER, though the front and rear elements are excellent some of the middle elements appeared to have what looked like faint signs of fungus. I sent the lens to Alan Marlow for cleaning but it turns out that it wasn't fungus after all. This is what his investigation revealed - quote 'It would appear that the cloudiness in the optical system is due to a failure of a coating or the failure of the adhesive that bonds two elements together (to form what we call a "Doubler" lens).' (I hope he won't mind me quoting him!) His recommendation was to replace the inner glass elements but none were available. Does it effect the lens? Well judge for yourselves in the examles below taken hand held in breezy conditions on Sunday afternoon in the rain and with the light failing. They are jpegs straight from the camera, cropped and resized for the web only, no other PP whatsoever. They are probably a tad under exposed but that's due to my carelessness.
Anyway I'm offering the lens for sale as is for 84.00 including UK post and paypal fees.

Examples taken with this lens.

C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

lxmike

Link Posted 18/03/2014 - 22:46
Hi is this lens still for sale

Defragged

Link Posted 18/03/2014 - 22:49
lxmike wrote:
Hi is this lens still for sale

Yes.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

lxmike

Link Posted 18/03/2014 - 23:32
Would love to buy ithowever I am a new member and cannot send private message until 30 days probation is up. I would pay via paypal, I have over 1000 plus posts on the rangefinder forum, same user name, all my transactions on there have been problem free

Defragged

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 00:10
lxmike wrote:
Would love to buy ithowever I am a new member and cannot send private message until 30 days probation is up. I would pay via paypal, I have over 1000 plus posts on the rangefinder forum, same user name, all my transactions on there have been problem free

PM sent....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

lxmike

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 19:46
Pm replied to, also please check your paypal account as payment sent

cheers Mike

Defragged

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 20:11
SOLD to 'lxmike' with grateful thanks....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

lxmike

Link Posted 19/03/2014 - 20:22
Defragged wrote:
SOLD to 'lxmike' with grateful thanks....

Many thanks Peter its been an absolute pleasure dealing with you, now how to sneek the new lens past the wife

lxmike

Link Posted 21/03/2014 - 15:18
Peter thanks for the trouble free transaction, I have over 1200 ebay transactions and I wish they could have gone half as smooth as this transaction. Great lens bytheway it arrived in super fast time, packaged to survive a nuclear blast and far better than described........yippeee. Below is a quick snap taken on my tablet, the 100/2.8 next to its new room mate the 85/2

Defragged

Link Posted 21/03/2014 - 21:56
You're very, very welcome Mike; thank you for the kind words and I must say it was a pleasure to trade with you also. I'm delighted that it's found a new home with such a discerning owner and moreso that you are pleased with it. The Pentax 85mm f2 is undoubtedly one of Pentax's little gems which I hope you can enjoy for years to come...

Best wishes and enjoy the forum......
C.O.L.B.A.S victim

lxmike

Link Posted 21/03/2014 - 22:44
Many thanks Peter, I gues I can sneek the lens past the wife in the new Domke F5 CX Imhave just bought
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.