Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Smc Pentax F* 300/4.5

vrrattko
Posted 26/10/2021 - 23:35 Link
For sale rare compact telephoto star lens F* 300/4.5 in good working condition. Glass is clean, no spots or cleaning marks. Blades are free of oil, snappy aperture, no fungus but has a few dust specs inside. Barrel has signs of use, see enclosed images. Sun hood may be stiff sometimes but works well enough.
Comes with original front and rear caps, generic third party neoprene pouch, front UV filter for protection and generic third party tripod mount. Unfortunately I bought it without original tripod mount.

419.00 GPB or 495.00 EURO

Insured and trackable shipping is 29.00 GBP/34.00 EUR. Buyers from UK, please beware, import duty from EU may apply unfortunately.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
vrrattko
Posted 15/11/2021 - 22:31 Link
SOLD
davidwozhere
Posted 16/11/2021 - 01:44 Link
I'm not surprised that it sold. It beats the pants off a modern DA*300.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
vrrattko
Posted 16/11/2021 - 20:14 Link
davidwozhere wrote:

Although I havent tried DA*300, i kind of doubt that optically it is worse than F*300.....but I am pretty sure F*300 is more robust (I never handled better constructed lens and that includes DA, M and A* and FA Limiteds and classic Takumars) and in smaller and lighter package. Definitely it is way more rare and gives you feeling of owning something special. And good looking design too
davidstorm
Posted 16/11/2021 - 20:59 Link
davidwozhere wrote:

Are you sure David? DA*300 is a magical lens, one of the best I've ever used. I haven't tried the F*300, but I would be surprised if it beats the pants off the DA*. I stand to be corrected though!

Kind Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Edited by davidstorm: 16/11/2021 - 20:59
davidwozhere
Posted 17/11/2021 - 00:22 Link
I possibly have a duff one. Put the two side by side and the difference is immediately apparent. It stays in its case most of the time because there's not much point humping it around. I only bought it because everyone said how good they were. And, yes, I have tried various tweaks to correct the focus. It gives better results on the K3(ii) than the K1 but I learned it was designed for a crop sensor after I'd bought it. Some pictures get posted on here that have been taken with the 1.4x converter. It's not a good idea with this DA*300! I learned that after spending an afternoon shooting a pair of courting grebes. I was really disappointed and ditched the whole lot.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
davidstorm
Posted 17/11/2021 - 20:42 Link
davidwozhere wrote:
I possibly have a duff one. Put the two side by side and the difference is immediately apparent. It stays in its case most of the time because there's not much point humping it around. I only bought it because everyone said how good they were. And, yes, I have tried various tweaks to correct the focus. It gives better results on the K3(ii) than the K1 but I learned it was designed for a crop sensor after I'd bought it. Some pictures get posted on here that have been taken with the 1.4x converter. It's not a good idea with this DA*300! I learned that after spending an afternoon shooting a pair of courting grebes. I was really disappointed and ditched the whole lot.

There must be something wrong with it David, it's stellar, with or without the 1.4x converter. Here are three shot with this lens, the first with the K-3,second and third are both with the KP:

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Kind Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.