SMC Pentax "K" 85mm f/1.8 lens.

womble

Link Posted 31/07/2022 - 22:57
[This is a cross-posting of my Single in July challenge round-up on the US forum. This is the seventh month of using my K-series primes.]

I've been especially uninspired this month, which is a shame as the weather has been bright and sunny and the K85 is a lovely lens. It suffers a bit from green fringing on occasion, but usually Lightroom deals with that. I've had terrible trouble getting my purples purple but I think that is me not the lens! I've also used the extension tubes quite a bit. For portraits (after all, that is what the lens is designed for), the minimum focal length is fine, but for flower and object safety shots (far too many this month), it is a bit long. Here are the best of a dull bunch.

July 02: ES par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

July 03: Dear Goblin par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

July 8: Rochester par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

July 15: verbena bonariensis par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

July 16: panda par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

July 26: Fluffy par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

The whole album for the month is here: ipernity: Single in July 2022 K85 f/1.8 by Kris Lockyear
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Flan

Link Posted 31/07/2022 - 23:25
Number 3 for me, great dept of field and clarity that makes the eye have a look for a while.
I like the cat photo too but we've seen em before so many times from everyone that owns one.
yes number 3 tops the lot.
Terms and conditions apply for subject analysis

stub

Link Posted 01/08/2022 - 17:13
Number 5... A great shot with an amusing interest..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Last Edited by stub on 01/08/2022 - 17:14
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.