Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Slides scanned with mu 'New Gift Optek OpticFilm 7200'

Peter Elgar
Posted 03/08/2020 - 12:46 Link
I was given a PlusTek OpticFilm 7200 film scanner by a Camera Club member who got the later '8200i' from a Boot Sale for 20 quids in MINT condition. There were NO film holders with it -- after a load of 'Aggro' from an 'Amazon 3rd Party seller' who told lies that item has 'Been Dispatched' and never arrived and on complaining message was 'Technical Difficulties in Warehouse' and it was NOT dispatched I got them next day from WEX Photographic and got a refund with compensation of 30 quids from the Amazon seller.
Kodak Ektachrome Elite Extra -- PENTAX but cannnot remember WHICH one I had taken to Philippines
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Benz3ne
Posted 03/08/2020 - 13:04 Link
Very lucky acquisition there by the look of it, Peter! And more so to your friend with his exceptional bargain hunting!
Do you have any recommendations for a good, inexpensive film scanner? I'm hoping to slowly pick up stuff to develop and scan my own film in due course but as it's my first forays I don't want to spend a fortune (initially)!
I hope you're keeping well!
Peter Elgar
Posted 04/08/2020 - 09:41 Link
the CANON 9000F Mk II flatbed is very good and sharp and does Medium Format as well as 35mm You need a 'Software' to adjust the colours as scans usually have a colour cast -- I use the 'FREE' www.faststone.org -- it does not have all the 'Tools' that PhotoShop has such as 'Selection' and 'Transform' but it does a good job. With the scanner i use 'Vuescan Pro' which I WON FREE and Mr Hamrick in USA updates it free every so often.
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 04/08/2020 - 10:00 Link
I wish I got half of what you get for free, Peter.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Benz3ne
Posted 04/08/2020 - 10:31 Link
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
I wish I got half of what you get for free, Peter.

I'd settle for a quarter.
JAK
Posted 04/08/2020 - 11:27 Link
Nice rich colours Peter.
John K

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.