Simply, sunflowers.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 25/03/2020 - 20:21
Letís talk helianthus annuus, the state flower of Kansas and national flower of Ukraine and the subject for many a beautiful picture or painting!

Who here grows them regularly? Who wants a bit of friendly competition? Who wants to see who can grow the biggest, or tallest?

Iíve never tried my hand at gardening so Iíll need some pointers! Heck, I donít even know when they flower...

If youíre keen to get involved just register your interest here and weíll go from there! They can make good photo subjects too so why not, right?!

davidwozhere

Link Posted 26/03/2020 - 00:39
5inch pot, compost, 1 seed. invert a 5inch pot over it and leave on kitchen windowsill. Have a look now and then. plant it out when the frosts have finished. Once it's a strapping plant, feed it with Guinness.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Last Edited by davidwozhere on 26/03/2020 - 00:40

Helpful

Benz3ne

Link Posted 26/03/2020 - 08:12
davidwozhere wrote:
5inch pot, compost, 1 seed. invert a 5inch pot over it and leave on kitchen windowsill. Have a look now and then. plant it out when the frosts have finished. Once it's a strapping plant, feed it with Guinness.

There we go! Now no one (not even me) has an excuse not to join in!

I'm envisaging a "one for you, one for me" scenario with the Guinness!

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 16:43
It made no sense to me that but we have some seeds here but they're for miniature sunflowers so guess I'll not win!!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.