Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Signs of things to come?

fritzthedog
Posted 01/03/2015 - 09:09 Link
Whilst meandering around my local town yesterday - I discovered there are now 2 Pentax stockists - Jessops and a local independent.

Which I think means there are as many Pentax stockists as stockists of any other brand in the area

Darn it - so that's another Pentax 'injustice' that can't be moaned about anymore - if this continues I am seriously going to have to consider changing brands !

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
Edited by fritzthedog: 01/03/2015 - 09:09
chrysb
Posted 01/03/2015 - 09:16 Link
Last week I visited Stoke on Trent's last remaining independent retailer and he was telling me that he will be stocking Pentax again later this year.

Things are looking up.
I wish .....
wvbarnes
Posted 01/03/2015 - 10:20 Link
I was hoping our London Camera Exchange might finally stock Pentax properly. Nice shop. knowledgeable staff. It closed this week 'Lease expired'. We now have no camera shops in Chesterfield to go with having no record shops. One chemist who used to be a Pentax listed agent stocks just a few Fuji's because, they tell me, they use their photo printers. Dixons Sales Groups effort is as farcical as it has been for years.
Jonathan-Mac
Posted 01/03/2015 - 17:29 Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I was hoping our London Camera Exchange might finally stock Pentax properly. Nice shop. knowledgeable staff. It closed this week 'Lease expired'. We now have no camera shops in Chesterfield to go with having no record shops. One chemist who used to be a Pentax listed agent stocks just a few Fuji's because, they tell me, they use their photo printers. Dixons Sales Groups effort is as farcical as it has been for years.

I was in that LCE, they did seem nice, but very small. I'm sure they had some used Pentax gear then. The chemist is good for film photography supplies but not for cameras.

I've bought my two DSLRs and all my modern lenses either used or online, so I can't complain about the lack of real shops - I never use them.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.