Sigma 70-300 f4.0-5.6 DG Macro

RobL

Link Posted 11/09/2018 - 15:03
I love the rendition and quality of the Pentax DFA*70-200 f2.8 but am finding it adds a considerable weight to my bag, and am rather regretting selling the Pentax 55-300mm although it is only APF-C. I am keenly awaiting the 70-200 f4.0 due next spring (say summer) but in the meantime I bought this Sigma lens (129.00) as a lighter model for when I am on walks to take landscape shots. It is a curious creature, as the barrel extends considerably and past 200mm you can switch it to 'macro' when it gets even longer. A bit awkward to hold steady at full length and you have to wind in the focus to switch back from macro to normal; not true macro as it is about 2:1 but could be handy. Here are a few in macro mode I just took to try out:

This last one of the rose looked rather dull and flat on the back of the camera but it lifted ok in PP. For comparison here's one I took yesterday with the 24-70mm f2.8:

which has much richer colour. It clearly cannot replace a lens costing 15x as much but I think it will do as a 'just in case' lens in the bag. Does anyone else have this lens?
Last Edited by RobL on 11/09/2018 - 15:06

Algernon

Link Posted 11/09/2018 - 15:55
Is the first one the Sigma lens.... It looks very old I can see why it would be awkward to hold steady at full length.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.