Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 APO EX DG OS HSM.

cardiffgareth
Posted 09/01/2023 - 11:37 Link
This is the latest KA3 mount lens so please check compatibility before purchasing, there is no screwdrive AF, only HSM motors.
I have used this on both my Pentax K1 and also My K3ii with no issues.

The glass is ridiculously clean with very minimal dust in the optics. There is no fungus or hazing or lens coasting separating, optics are mint. Aperture is snappy and the zoom and manual focus do whey they should do silky smooth.

This doesn't have the updated mount from Sigma that gives a bit more breathing space when mounting on the K1, it doesn't rub too badly on the camera, my eyes can see a minute gap between camera and lens. This was an insurance replacement lens as I had the Mk2 version prior that unfortunately met it's end when on a rocky beach and I had cold hands. That lens does have the updated mount on it and it the buyer wanted to, I could remove that mount and supply it with this lens separately so the new buyer could get Sigma or other lens repairers to swap them over?

This didn't come with the tripod collar when I took ownership of it. I contacted Sigma who said it was over £80 for a new one, or I could use the one off my broken Mk2 as they are the same, hence why the tripod collar is the older flock design and doesn't necessarily match the newer smooth black of this later lens.

Comment Image
IMGP8594 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP8592 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP8593 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP8597 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP8600 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Comment Image
IMGP8605 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

It's on eBay for £525 plus postage for transparency but I'm happy to accept £500 here plus postage.
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
cardiffgareth
Posted 17/01/2023 - 20:42 Link
Reduced to £475
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.