sigma 100-300 f4 apo if ex

Chrism8

Link Posted 03/07/2021 - 19:49
Sigma were doing updates to the lens firmware up to a few years ago I had the mount changed 're the K1 mods and they did a firmware upgrade, I've an invoice abight a free of charge one that defines the work done on the lens
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Monobod

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 00:21
I have had mine now for about seven years and was not aware there were two versions. Mine is still in mint condition and works well on both the K-1 and the K-3. Image and colour quality is superb. I had thought of trading it in favour of the Fuji 70-300 f/4-5.6 but this lens is on back order and not really as good. The only advantage is the weight saving. I have now decided to keep both the Sigma and the K-3, even though I have an X-T4. There is still something about Pentax that I am reluctant to walk away from. I also bought at the same time the 1.4x and 2x teleconverters and these are both also useable. The 2x on the K-3 needs a bean bag support as the slightest vibration looks like an earthquake, but the reach is amazing. 300x1.5x2 = 900mm equivalent. If you can find a good condition version I thoroughly recommend this lens.

https://flic.kr/p/ecE77S

Mike-P

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 10:38
Monobod wrote:
There is still something about Pentax that I am reluctant to walk away from.

I have the same problem", my Sony a9 and 200-600mm does everything I need (although no camera is perfect and I would like another 10 or so MP) and it works very well with my Canon lenses using the Sigma MC-11 yet I just can't bring myself to sell the K-1 and 150-450mm, this is despite the fact I curse the AF tracking nearly every time I go out with it. The thing is when I do get the shot with the Pentax the IQ just looks so much better than from the Sony or Canon (To me at least).
. My Flickr

Monobod

Link Posted 20/10/2021 - 13:50
The Jury is still out on my K-1. To be honest, I do not think I will sell it. S/H prices are low, especially for Pentax kit as the owner base is small. It is by far the best camera I have ever owned and has only 3600 activations, so should (touch wood) go on for a good while yet. I also have a good selection of Pentax FF lenses including the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 100 f/2.8 macro as well as the one touch 70-210 f/4. All to good to stop being used. Again, the only downside is the weight, especially if I use the battery grip. I have printed and mounted some of my K-1 landscapes at full resolution at A2 and they look superb. Cannot do that with the K-3 or the Fuji. What I really need is a Caddy to carry my kit for me. Some hope!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.