Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Shropshire White Horse

GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 09:10 Link
Comment Image

A wet and cold morning up on the Shropshire hills this weekend just gone, with a sunrise you could have put money on.
With broken cloud and a calm wind at sunrise quickly changing, to a driving weather front from the Welsh Valleys that swept in rain and snow the photography was a little limited.

Making our way back to the car for shelter mark and I noticed a small gathering of horses making their way down from the higher ground in search of more comfortable temperature and conditions. So here is the resulting image from that.

Pentax K1
SMC DA 60-250mm

Regards
Geoff
LennyBloke
Posted 13/11/2019 - 09:52 - Helpful Comment Link
Absolutely Superb

Great lighting, composition, and well spotted
LennyBloke
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 10:07 Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Absolutely Superb Great lighting, composition, and well spotted

Thank you Lenny. think it might be the best of only half a dozen frames I took whilst on the hills last weekend.
1stEverPentax
Posted 13/11/2019 - 11:07 - Helpful Comment Link
Cracking image Geoff...huge visual impact on first sight. Exposure on the horse is spot on for me.

Definitely a contender for POTW.

Regards

Karlo
bforbes
Posted 13/11/2019 - 12:21 Link
Just brilliant
alfpics
Posted 13/11/2019 - 13:40 - Helpful Comment Link
As above - absolutely superb!
Andy
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 14:06 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Cracking image Geoff...huge visual impact on first sight. Exposure on the horse is spot on for me. Definitely a contender for POTW.

Regards
Karlo

Thank you, the conditions just went rather poop fast! - I assume the POTW is selected by the mods? I really have no understanding on how any of that works
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 14:06 Link
alfpics wrote:
As above - absolutely superb!

Thanks Alf
pschlute
Posted 13/11/2019 - 16:12 - Helpful Comment Link
Think that is the best picture I have seen posted on this site all year. Marvellous.

ps recommend going to Geoff's Flickr site and viewing it in full size.
Edited by pschlute: 13/11/2019 - 16:13
1stEverPentax
Posted 13/11/2019 - 17:50 - Helpful Comment Link
Hi Geoff,

not 100% about my advice...i think though to be a contender for POTW you would have to upload it as an individual image to the site gallery at a max of 1000 pixels on longest side. I'd vote for it if that were allowed ref POTW.

Karlo
pschlute
Posted 13/11/2019 - 18:09 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Hi Geoff,

not 100% about my advice...i think though to be a contender for POTW you would have to upload it as an individual image to the site gallery at a max of 1000 pixels on longest side. I'd vote for it if that were allowed ref POTW.

Karlo

This site really needs to change its rules. 1000 pixels is tiddly.
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 18:31 Link
pschlute wrote:
Think that is the best picture I have seen posted on this site all year. Marvellous.
ps recommend going to Geoff's Flickr site and viewing it in full size.

Thank you for your kind words Peter. A larger version does look better, then I would say that wouldn't I
GeoffMoore
Posted 13/11/2019 - 18:32 Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Hi Geoff,

Karlo

I'll give it a go and see what it does
womble
Posted 13/11/2019 - 20:09 - Helpful Comment Link
Lovely image I'd be happy to hang on my wall. Just super.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Sry
Posted 13/11/2019 - 20:38 - Helpful Comment Link
Beautifully lit composition, quite atmospheric.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.