Segovia balloon festival

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 26/07/2018 - 12:22
Last weekend I attended (purely as a photographer) the first Segovia balloon festival in Spain. The event had planned flights Friday to Sunday mornings at 7.30am and afternoon flights at 18.30, though the afternoon ones were all cancelled due to winds being too high.

I enjoyed the festival very much and the sight of these colourful balloons floating over a beautiful city. Hopefully it'll go ahead next year too. The second morning was great, with around 30 balloons taking off, the third morning I was only at the take-off area briefly as I mainly wanted to be at a high vantage point on the other side of the city, which paid off as the wind took the balloons right over the city (on previous days they'd gone in another direction). Certainly worth getting up early for.

All of these shots were taken on my K3. I had quite a lot of gear with me - DA 15, 35 and 70 limiteds, DA 16-85mm, Sigma 70-200/2.8 and a couple of manual lenses too, plus some film gear though the films aren't developed or scanned yet. I mostly used the 16-85mm, it's first real outing and was quite impressed with it's results and found the wide focal length range very useful. There was plenty of light in the mornings so the f/3.5-5-6 wasn't a problem.

The first twp of these are panoramas stitched from various photos and several photos have been submitted to the photography contest accompanying the festival (fingers crossed).

Balloon panorama 1
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Panorama 6a

IMG_7522a

IMG_7720a

IMG_7430b

IMG_7411a

IMG_7478a

IMG_7510a

IMG_7918a

IMG_7422a
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

bjolester

Link Posted 26/07/2018 - 16:24
Wonderful set! My immediate favourite is number nine.
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

pschlute

Link Posted 26/07/2018 - 17:05
Love the panorama
Peter

My Flickr page

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 29/07/2018 - 21:22
Nice shots, very colourful and must have been a fabulous visual experience. Good luck with the competition.

regards

Karlo

Tyr

Link Posted 29/07/2018 - 21:53
I'm particularly fond of the balloons over the cathedral. Well done!
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

razashaikh

Link Posted 30/07/2018 - 13:11

Sry

Link Posted 31/07/2018 - 21:41
Good set, especially the two panoramas. Must be great to see in situ.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.