Segovia balloon festival 2022

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 08/08/2022 - 10:46
The Segovia balloon festival was a disappointing affair this year since a very slight wind and a heatwave made flying more difficult than is ideal. I was only able to attend on the Friday (again) - there are usually more balloons on the Saturday and Sunday and the flying conditions meant there were fewer balloons and take-off times were staggered, so no shots of dozens of balloons hanging in the beautiful morning light.

Pentax is no longer my main photography system but I enjoy using old lenses, most of which are Pentax, on my new Lumix S5. I had a number of old primes to use (the K 28mm f/2, M 50mm f/1.4 and M 120mm f/2. but the S5 doesn't write the focal length to the EXIF, which is very annoying, so I know I used a manual lens if the focal length is missing but I mostly don't know which one. I need to work out a system to fix this. I did take the K-3 and 16-85mm as I know from experience that it's a good combination for image quality and range.

You can see the photos taken only with L-mount gear on my Flickr.

Firstly, the S5 coupled with manual lenses.

Segovia II by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

White balloon by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Red balloon aloft by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Sunrise over the balloon field by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

And shots with the K-3 & 16-85mm

IMG_5716 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG_5709 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG_5710 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG_5714 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG_5715 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG_5712 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.