Scottish Landscape Photographer of the Year 2019

LennyBloke

Link Posted 21/03/2020 - 09:30
Well deserved Bill - you know I'm a big fan of your images and these are another superb set. I can see why the first image was such a success, it's one of the best (if not the best) seascapes I've ever seen!

Thanks for your continuing inspiration, and I hope you manage to pick up some work soon - it must be difficult in the current climate (as it is for many)!

All the best
John
LennyBloke

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 21/03/2020 - 10:43
Thank Chris, Nigel, Michal, Phil, Rob, Nigel, Peter, John, Barrie, Andy, Defragged, Peter, David, Rich, John for thoughts and comments re these... very good of you all... much appreciate the positivity...

Nigel (LTL) and Peter KR... yes, the Aberdeen shot was one of those ones where the sky suddenly started doing this extraordinary thing, and I was trying to find something to go with it... was in Footdee at the time, so was literally running around and was delighted to bump into the plant hire place opposite the docks...

Nigel (LTL), Peter KR, John... re the day job, thanks for your good wishes... yes, going to be a mighty tough time for all of us everywhere over the next few weeks and months, I suspect, whatever it is we do... am crossing fingers and thinking positive thoughts like a goodun...

Defragged, thank you for the kind words... yes, time is an interesting thing... as you say, it's the most precious commodity in photography... almost all of the photographs I'm most fond of have come from spending a lot of time just wandering around... often with a purpose, and in a place I've specifically travelled an awful long way to get to, but wandering around nevertheless... in the day job (I also have a young family), as you say, I tend to have extended periods of not having any time at all... the flipside of that coin though is that there are also plenty of periods (when a show is up and running/touring/between jobs) when I do have time, and I do my utmost to use it as best as I can...

Nigel K... yes, I'm rather a fan of Luzid filters... not bad at all on the colour neutrality front... very well made... and crucially, not too expensive... good bang for buck I tend to find...

Keep well all and stay safe...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

rickhanson

Link Posted 22/03/2020 - 07:21
Congratulations and richly deserved.

If you end up isolating, hope itís a better experience than the Emma Barton revenge storyline!

Stay safe.

Rick
Last Edited by rickhanson on 22/03/2020 - 07:38

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 23/03/2020 - 08:44
Thanks Rick... yes, would be hoping for a marginally improved outcome...

All the best

Bill
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 24/03/2020 - 17:44
Congratulations, Bill, a very much deserved reward. Evocative work as always, some of these have stayed in my mind since last seeing them here.

K10D

Link Posted 24/03/2020 - 17:48
Class images Bill and well deserved.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 26/03/2020 - 19:26
Thanks both... much appreciated, as ever...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

geordie01

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 15:53
Well done some cracking stuff there

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 16:52
I'm late to the party but first of all congrats! Secondly, stunning images

Hope you're safe and well Bill
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 27/03/2020 - 17:01
Thanks George and Gareth... much appreciated... all gd here Gareth... hope all gd with you, too...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.