Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Scott Kelby Photowalk

GivingTree
Posted 15/07/2009 - 19:08 Link
Is anyone participating in the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk this Saturday?
I'll be doing it in Fairhope, Alabama (south Alabama on Mobile Bay) with my mother.
Would love to see pictures from this group if you're taking part!
"Just put your eye to the camera and push the button-thingy."
Flickr page:
link
Gwyn
Posted 15/07/2009 - 19:17 Link
I hadn't heard of it until now! I see there are two walks organised in a town near me, one with 25 people already signed up, one with no one . I shall have to consult my other half on this, and he is out tonight (again:roll. It sounds like fun to do though the forecast for Saturday here will put the weatherproofing to test - cold and wet bah!

I hope you enjoy your walk, even if I don't get to go on mine.
pentaxian450
Posted 15/07/2009 - 19:23 Link
Gwyn wrote:
the forecast for Saturday here will put the weatherproofing to test - cold and wet bah!

I hope it hasn't been rain and cold all summer. Here (Montréal), although it's mid-July, we're still waiting for spring to show up. This morning, when I took the dog for his walk, it was a "balming" 10 deg. Makes you wonder about global warming.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Gwyn
Posted 15/07/2009 - 19:31 Link
Yves, no luckily this year we are having a reasonable summer, well every other week we are. Last week was cold and wet, this week is warm and sunny, next week cold and wet again. But still warmer than 10 deg .

Still temperatures like that must be keeping the blackfly at bay
GivingTree
Posted 15/07/2009 - 19:35 Link
I hope you get to go, Gwyn, it's good fun.

I remember at one point someone posted in the gallery, from Point Clear, Mississippi (or somewhere around there) which is very close to Fairhope. I can't find him on here now, so hopefully he'll be there Sat.

pentaxian450 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
the forecast for Saturday here will put the weatherproofing to test - cold and wet bah!

I hope it hasn't been rain and cold all summer. Here (Montréal), although it's mid-July, we're still waiting for spring to show up. This morning, when I took the dog for his walk, it was a "balming" 10 deg. Makes you wonder about global warming.

And I'm thankful for the low 90's(F)!!
Flickr page:
link
hefty1
Posted 16/07/2009 - 00:18 Link
I hadn't heard of this either but looking on the web shows the closest to me is London and I won't have time to get down there and back this weekend. Maybe next year if I've got a bit more notice
Joining the Q
Gwyn
Posted 20/07/2009 - 19:23 Link
Hey Emily how did your walk go?
We didn't get to go to our local walk this year - too much to do sadly. I shall watch out for it next year though!
GivingTree
Posted 22/07/2009 - 18:37 Link
Thanks for asking! Just got back in town from the extended vacation I made out of the Photowalk. Weather was lovely, and Fairhope is the epitome of Southern small-town quaintness.

I took the time to experiment, which I enjoyed.

Posting my two submissions in Your Photos in a sec.
Flickr page:
link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.