Sandwood Bay

davidwozhere

Link Posted 10/04/2019 - 01:24
Oh wow. It's 7 that does it for me but the others are hard on its heels.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 10/04/2019 - 08:59
Thanks Joe, Defragged, Chris, Ronnie, Nigel, Al, Steve, Daron, Miles, Derek, Peter, John, Philip, Karlo and David for positive thoughts and comments re these... much appreciated as ever...

Nigel, yes, I put the invite in the post and everything, not sure what happened to it ...

Derek, yes, the beach is just under a mile long, with various rocks etc that are uncovered with the tide... 4, 5, 7 and 15 were all shot looking in the same direction, but at different spots, using what was around at the time...

Miles, yes, I do use ND filters... For the DFA 15-30, I have 2 Rollei gorilla glass NDís (a 5 stop and an 11 stop - weird numbers I know, but they were on special offer... very happy with them)... elsewhere, I use a mix of Lee and Luzid, the usual 3, 6 and 10 stops... I still carry grads, but tbh havenít used them for the last couple of years or so... tend to find the dynamic range on the K1 is plenty good enough for most things... will very occasionally bracket if I need to, and combine later (didnít do that on any of the shots Iíve posted here, though)... I also tend to find at the sea that resin grads tend to be more prone to smearing from salt particles, and much harder to keep clean, partic shooting into the sun... whereas the newer coatings on glass lenses/filters seem to deal with all that much better...

Will post some more from the second half of my trip to Luskentyre in a bit...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

DSP121

Link Posted 11/04/2019 - 07:13
Amazing collection of photos, Bill! I love No. 5, 6, 8, 10 and 16. These are my favorites.

Bill, I must say, you always come up with great pictures. I really appreciate your work!
Date Timestamp Camera with Geotagging

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 11/04/2019 - 16:55
Thanks DSP...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

K10D

Link Posted 11/04/2019 - 17:02
Consider this a firm hand shake Bill. Some seriously good images again.

I know of a guy who could go by the name of Reproducibility Bill.

He manages to achieve consistently produce high standard images time and time again.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

K10D

Link Posted 11/04/2019 - 20:35
He manages to achieve AND consistently produce high standard images time and time again.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 11/04/2019 - 20:58
Cheers Gary... much appreciated...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 14/04/2019 - 23:28
Grand images of grandiose landscapes, once again. The different approaches, settings, times of day and moods make for a pleasantly busy viewing experience. Interestingly, my mind sorts them by family anyway - the darker ones, the pastels, the strikingly detailed, the abstracts... Favorites would be 3, 6, 8, 10, 13, 17 - all giving me time to breathe and settle in without insisting on specific focal points. Yet 9 is mesmerizing also, in a different way... Very much looking forward to Luskentyre, and even more to the abstracts/ICMs.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 16:39
Thanks Serge... gt... will post Luskentyre in a bit...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

tyronet2000

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 20:57
A fantastic set of images. A place I'd love to visit and spend a year there doing nothing but photography
Regards
Stan

PPG

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 15/04/2019 - 21:45
Thanks Stan... yes, youíd love it there... right up your street...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.