be sorted out by Amin without them

shim

Mike-P

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 17:29
Bugger, been at work all day, count me in if still possible
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

aybee

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 18:40
I too was too late for this thread, however I've asked someone who's passing through Heathrow today to get me one if he can find one...
Alan B

Telstar

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 18:56
Mike-P wrote:
Bugger, been at work all day, count me in if still possible

You should be fine Mike, I made a list of those who had said a definite 'yes' earlier in the thread for Amin this afternoon and your on it.
Bodies: GX20 | MZ-3 | MZ-M | Auto 110 complete kit
Primes: DA*300 F4 | DA40 F2.8 Ltd. | SMC-A 50/1.7 | Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sirius 28/2.8
Macro : SMC-A Dental 100 macro
Zooms: 12-24 SA | 18-55 SA | 50-200 SA | 28-80 FA | 35-80 F | Vivitar 28-200
Other: Bellows | Tube sets | Vivitar 2x PK/A Tele | SEF-36PZF Flash | SBG-D1V Grip | Billingham 335

My Flickr

missmarple

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 19:03
I take it the deadline for this is now over?If not count me in aswell please.

Regards mm
Last Edited by missmarple on 13/07/2009 - 19:04

Mike-P

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 19:24
Telstar wrote:

You should be fine Mike, I made a list of those who had said a definite 'yes' earlier in the thread for Amin this afternoon and your on it.

Thanks, I was too busy banging my head against the wall in annoyment to notice my name had been put on the list
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

JL

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 20:01
If there's any left, I'll take one too. I'd even take an extra as a present for my dad. Jon, Peak District.

alig

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 20:12
Amin, post fine for me as well, thanks.

ali
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR

timk

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 00:09
Hi
I know this is my first post but is it possible I could be added to the list,thanks.
Tim
K7, Sigma 10-20mm,DA 21,40,70mm Limited,DA* 55mm,DA* 16-50mm,DA* 50-135mm,Sigma 105mm macro,Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 HSM,Manfrotto 055cxpro4,Gitzo 1780QR,Metz 58

keithross

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 10:09
Hi Amin,I realise that i might me too late,if not could you add my name to the list.Regards Keith.

TonyM

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 18:08
Amin

Do you have any further update?

Regards and many thanks

Tony

shim

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 18:22
I heard from Amin this morning arrangements with his contact are progressing slowly, but progressing positively. He still has a few
loose ends to sort out over collection and delivery times.

shim

aybee

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 18:40
aybee wrote:
I too was too late for this thread, however I've asked someone who's passing through Heathrow today to get me one if he can find one...

Well my colleague didn't manage to get one for me so I guess I've now missed the boat on this.
Alan B

missmarple

Link Posted 16/07/2009 - 20:31
Shim,is it possible to PM you direct?Things seem to be getting a little complicated at the moment.Amin did kindly contact me but I am none the wiser as regards to where we are now.Does Amin not know more than you?I hope I do not appear rude,I am just a little confused.

Regards mm

aminstar

Link Posted 16/07/2009 - 21:31
Hi everyone

I am back from an absolutely horrendous meeting with regard to these lenses.

I am still fuming with the situation that occurred a couple of hours ago so before I sat down here to write I had to take a breather. I am not known to blow my top off, usually. I tend to keep my cool but this time it just went all pear shaped.

I would rather not go into details as writing it all down here will just revive the situation mentally for me and I want to avoid it. We all had a rather hectic evening last night oops, may be a misplaced joke here but I guess after a couple of exchange PMs with the people involved might take my point as a humouristic one again .

I explained to a couple of members here with whom I usually am in contact regularly through PM what the niggles were about acquiring all the lenses at the same time, and that I think was on monday if I am not mistaken. So decided to get three at a time as my contact didn't have his own money to buy them and wanted me to put the cash into his account first and then on tuesday he was going to pay for them and give them to me. Obviously this wasn't acceptable for me so I decided to reduce the risk and give him enough cash for just 3 lenses, which he bought and I collected them from him on tuesday. The deal was I deposit again the same amount on tuesday in his account and he would bring me again 3 lenses the next day. Surprise surprise, didn't hear from him yesterday and I started panicking. Finally managed to contact him today after lots of effort and voicemails left and he blurted out to me that all the lenses were gone and he had the money to return. Knowing him the way I do I pushed him a bit and he ended up telling me that he knew the person who bought them all and if I was interested he could put me in touch with him and he would sell it. I knew at this stage that things were taking a turn to the worse, so anyway a few hours ago I went and met them. It turned out that they wanted to make money out of the sale and not just a small commission as I had promised 20 for each lense. They had already researched the usual prices inclusive they had decided that they were going to sell it on e-bay.

To make the story short, we got into heated argument and it was clear to me soon that I wasn't going anywhere by just blowing my top off. So in the end tried to negotiate with them and tried to convince that they wouldn't manage to unload all those lenses at once and surely they had their money tied up so if they agreed to a compromise I would take them all from them. I ended up sticking up my neck and also taking a risk but a quick calculation made me think that the final offer they were giving me for at 370 each was still a good value, so I agreed and brought them all with me. Checked all the lenses properly, each and everyone of them, got the Dixon's receipt from them to cover for any warranty issues, and then issued an online transfer of funds directly from my account to the guy's account.

So this is the story I am afraid. I have a pile of lenses here and if anyone still wants it then please drop me a PM but unfortunately they are not at the price that I got the first three lenses. Those were already allocated and I passed it to the members in the list also.

If anyone wants them I would rather sell them to the members and the rest I will flog them on e-bay. Whatever small profit I make out of them will be well worth it to cover the stress of getting them.

This was the whole story anyway.

thanks

Amin
Amin Photo Gallery
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.