Samsung 12-24mm F4

Telstar

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:07
Well, 08445 616263 would be a place to start, - main 'switchboard' that should be able to direct you to someone who can help, and the reference for the store that has the largest amount in stock is store 0694.
Bodies: GX20 | MZ-3 | MZ-M | Auto 110 complete kit
Primes: DA*300 F4 | DA40 F2.8 Ltd. | SMC-A 50/1.7 | Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sirius 28/2.8
Macro : SMC-A Dental 100 macro
Zooms: 12-24 SA | 18-55 SA | 50-200 SA | 28-80 FA | 35-80 F | Vivitar 28-200
Other: Bellows | Tube sets | Vivitar 2x PK/A Tele | SEF-36PZF Flash | SBG-D1V Grip | Billingham 335

My Flickr

shim

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:39
Just sent an email to customer.services(at)dixons.co.uk it might elicit a response.

This page has some phone numbers

They also list the GX-20 for 304.32.... No VAT I presume?

I won't be ringing anyone unless I get an email to save confusing their shop people.

shim

===========COPY=OF=EMAIL====================================

Subject: Samsung 12-24mm SLR Lenses code: 951565 - 199.97 - Heathrow Duty Free

Dear Sir/Madam,

I represent a Samsung Camera User Group and we were interested in buying at least SIX of the above lenses, but can't find any of the Dixons/Currys stores that have stock.

One of your shops kindly did a search and found that 19 of these lenses are in the Heathrow Duty Free shops. We haven't been able to contact them to confirm this.

Is there anyway that you could move these lenses out of Heathrow to make them available either mail order or buy and collect from any store. We can confirm the exact quantity when you say if this can be done.... more members may then be interested, we may even sell the lot.

Personally I would be very surprised if nineteen could be sold through Heathrow considering the low popularity of Samsung DSLR's... You stand a much better chance disposing of them through our User Group.

Please reply via email

Regards

=====================================================
Last Edited by shim on 13/07/2009 - 11:41

RichardDay

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:45
Hi Shim

Looks good.

Let's hope it works, I'm certainly up for one - Gloucester branch!
Best regards
Richard Day

Profile - link - (click on About for equipment profile) - My Flickr site - link

alig

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:50
Good work Shim, well worded, let's hope you get a reply.

Fingers crossed.

ali
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR

aminstar

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:56
Well, I have been following this thread which Shim has contributed with a lot of effort with some research. I wanted to chip in my help if required. I have a Pentax 12-24mm already so although I won't be needing one I am quite happy to help others acquire this lens if there is anything I can do.

For starters I live literally 15 to 20 minutes drive from heathrow terminals, so driving there is no problem. And secondly if really it needs to get someone who has a security pass to enter the terminals to buy these lenses I might even manage to locate a friend or two who work inside there to get them for you all. But this only as a last resort as I haven't been in touch with them for a long time and ideally I would like to not need their help. But I am most willing to go around and do the footwork etc and pay for the goods and then ship them to each of you who is interested.
let me know if there is anything I can do from my end.
Amin Photo Gallery

mikew

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 11:58
Good work Shim - but the no VAT at the airports is a slight misrepresentation isn't it? All they do is knock off the VAT amount but still charge VAT otherwise there's be all kinds of complications for EU travellers.

I wish I wanted a GX20 - but I don't think I could face the menu differences.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

aminstar

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:00
Shim, do you know which terminal is this store? I just remembered a friend who works inside duty free shop who might manage to confirm this stock, well he is at one of the 1/2/3 terminals so I would assume either one of those would be accessible to him
Amin Photo Gallery

DOIK

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:02
alig wrote:
Good work Shim, well worded, let's hope you get a reply.

Fingers crossed.

ali

Everything crossed.

John

Telstar

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:18
aminstar wrote:
Shim, do you know which terminal is this store? I just remembered a friend who works inside duty free shop who might manage to confirm this stock, well he is at one of the 1/2/3 terminals so I would assume either one of those would be accessible to him

The store code is 0694 Amin. as for which terminal this is in i'm afraid the stock screen i saw just stated 'Heathrow' 3 times.
Bodies: GX20 | MZ-3 | MZ-M | Auto 110 complete kit
Primes: DA*300 F4 | DA40 F2.8 Ltd. | SMC-A 50/1.7 | Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sirius 28/2.8
Macro : SMC-A Dental 100 macro
Zooms: 12-24 SA | 18-55 SA | 50-200 SA | 28-80 FA | 35-80 F | Vivitar 28-200
Other: Bellows | Tube sets | Vivitar 2x PK/A Tele | SEF-36PZF Flash | SBG-D1V Grip | Billingham 335

My Flickr
Last Edited by Telstar on 13/07/2009 - 12:24

shim

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:25
aminstar wrote:

Thanks for the help Amin. Tel gave the store ref. so your friend should recognise it from that "the store that has the largest amount in stock is store 0694."

I resent my email and added that store no. to save Dixons having to look it up. No reply yet.... it was sent an hour ago and hasn't bounced.

Some stuff sold at Heathrow is VAT Free and only available to travelers going outside of the EEC.

The 199.97 is the mainland VAT inclusive price and it may even be lower than that at Heathrow.

shim

mikew

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:30
Hadn't realised that the VAT free sales were only available to non EU travellers.

These are tempting prices but I have the Sigma 10-20 and I'm happy with it and as I say I suspect I can't face the GX20.

Good luck guys.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.

shim

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 12:36
shim wrote:
aminstar wrote:

Thanks for the help Amin. Tel gave the store ref. so your friend should recognise it from that "the store that has the largest amount in stock is store 0694."

I resent my email and added that store no. to save Dixons having to look it up. No reply yet.... it was sent an hour ago and hasn't bounced.

Some stuff sold at Heathrow is VAT Free and only available to travelers going outside of the EEC.

The 199.97 is the mainland VAT inclusive price and it may even be lower than that at Heathrow.

shim

store 0694 is:
Heathrow T5*
0208 897 5821
05:30 - 21:30

Trying to ring them now, it was ringing but they cleared.... cheeky buggers!!! you can tell that they are airport staff

shim

shim

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 13:11
Managed to speak to someone at T5 they have 17 in stock, but we would have to be boarding a plane to get into the shop. It could be an internal flight, so the VAT shouldn't be a problem it will be included. He said he couldn't do anything over the phone someone would have to go in. I told him that I had sent an email and he confirmed that I had sent it to the right address. He said they would do whatever head office instructed them to do. If I don't hear from them by 4pm I'll send a hardcopy of the email.

Maybe someone can find out if there's any way of getting something like a visitors pass for T5?

They are going to have to bend a bit to get shut of these lenses. One good thing about them being at Heathrow, they are unlikely to put them on ebay

shim

stevejcoe

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 13:18
shim wrote:
Managed to speak to someone at T5 they have 17 in stock, but we would have to be boarding a plane to get into the shop. It could be an internal flight, so the VAT shouldn't be a problem it will be included. He said he couldn't do anything over the phone someone would have to go in. I told him that I had sent an email and he confirmed that I had sent it to the right address. He said they would do whatever head office instructed them to do. If I don't hear from them by 4pm I'll send a hardcopy of the email.

Maybe someone can find out if there's any way of getting something like a visitors pass for T5?

They are going to have to bend a bit to get shut of these lenses. One good thing about them being at Heathrow, they are unlikely to put them on ebay

shim

As I recall the shop is on the departure side of passport control, so no visitor pass is likely to get you there.

Steve

Unlocker

Link Posted 13/07/2009 - 13:23
I'll have one too if anyone manages it!

WebsiteBlogGearTwitterFacebook
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.