Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

rumor of Pentax K5 ???

NSANTOS
Posted 30/04/2010 - 16:55 Link
HI
I hope pentax presents a new camera this year , it is better for pentax userīs and for new buyers ...
i think pentax have a problem in k7 it makes to much noise in iso 800 tham the competticions,...
best regards
Greytop
Posted 30/04/2010 - 18:38 Link
NSANTOS wrote:
HI
I hope pentax presents a new camera this year , it is better for pentax userīs and for new buyers ...
i think pentax have a problem in k7 it makes to much noise in iso 800 tham the competticions,...
best regards

Sorry Nestor, I disagree with you
In my experience the K-7 is not noisy at all, I actually found it to be a good performer from a noise point of view.
The trick is to shoot RAW and just expose to the right of the histogram.

There have been many threads about subject in the past. I believe it's an unfair label that the K-7 has picked up.
Regards Huw

flickr
scotjames
Posted 30/04/2010 - 20:18 Link
I agree with Greytop. I've had my K7 for a few weeks now and with the 1.0 firmware it did seem a bit noisy but nothing worse than my K20D was. The version 1.3 firmware seemed (in my view anyway) to make a big improvement on this. I find the noise levels perfectly accceptable. Most people tend to base this view on very early pre-release reviews.
---
Visit me on Flickr
NSANTOS
Posted 01/05/2010 - 01:03 Link
thank you Greytop i need to now other opinion, from who tryed the k7, because iīm undecided about k7 or k20? and some i question mi self really continue whith pentax, hear in portugal you donīt have a great comunity of pentaxian, some times i think to chage of brand , but i like so much pentax,..lol
best regards
vic cross
Posted 01/05/2010 - 08:56 Link
Two things I'd like. Square sensor. No more twisting and turning just cropping. WIFI. At the local park where I work part time in the summer we have (among other things) a Nikon 200 with WIFI in the main pavilion which we use at dances etc. This transmits across the ballroom (approx 50 meters. could do more) to a computer and then to a 42" television screen so customers have instant access and sales are good. Use this with a 17" laptop and you would have much better revue photos. CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Anvh
Posted 01/05/2010 - 17:16 Link
Unlocker wrote:
Sorry Don, how could I forget!

New flash control system wouldn't have to be niche as being WiFi, it could become an industry standard across all makes, would never happen though!

hmmm a flash system with Wifi now that might be something
Although I think bleutooth is a better option since that's more energy efficient I believe and easier to setup, only the speed is a bit slow although 3MB/s isn't that bad right?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Edited by Anvh: 01/05/2010 - 17:22
PeteL
Posted 02/05/2010 - 08:45 Link
Greytop wrote:
NSANTOS wrote:
HI
best regards

Sorry Nestor, I disagree with you
In my experience the K-7 is not noisy at all, I actually found it to be a good performer from a noise point of view.

There have been many threads about subject in the past. I believe it's an unfair label that the K-7 has picked up.

I think this misconception arises from the fact that the default setting for the K7 is "Bright" which adds a small amount of sharpening therefore noise is slightly increased, Also as the RAW images are displayed in the processing software with in camera settings automatically applied it furthers that impression.It is only when you remove these settings that you can view the RAW image in its pure state. I use the "Natural" setting and find that much more acceptable.

Regards - Pete

Regards - Pete
MrCynical
Posted 03/05/2010 - 01:14 Link
Greytop wrote:

My K20D can produce very good ISO1600 shots using this principle. It had nothing to do with me accidentally having the camera set at ISO1600 in screaming summer sunlight
Pentaxophile
Posted 03/05/2010 - 10:18 Link
K-7 performs better than the Canon 50D and equal to the Nikon D300 in this dpreview test, although it is beaten by the K-20! I think the differences are probably actually pretty academic, as the 50D is seldom thought of as a 'noisy' camera. Bottom line, we are spoilt when it comes to noise these days, whichever brand we go for.

link

The test shows the RAW noise results - unfortunately people probably won't get past the jpeg comparison further up the page, which is less favourable.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Edited by Pentaxophile: 03/05/2010 - 10:21
ISO
Posted 03/05/2010 - 10:36 Link
Coming back to possible K7 replacement, nobody has mentioned a swivel LCD in their wish list. Not like the Nik variety, but similar to the one on the Optio 750Z (which I think is still one of the best Compacts around).

But also I would be happier if they got the basics right first (like faster auto focus & improved sensor), before getting into what for a lot of us would be stuff we would unlikely use and which in turn would put the cost up.
Pentaxophile
Posted 03/05/2010 - 10:56 Link
Agree re the swivel screen, great to have (though not essential). Once you've used one, you miss it when it's not there! They do make you play around more with high and low shooting angles, and allow you to use impromptu camera supports more comfortably.
ISO
Posted 03/05/2010 - 10:59 Link
Absolutely - I often take the 750Z out to get stuff at Parties etc.
Anvh
Posted 03/05/2010 - 14:07 Link
Wouldn't make a swivel screen the camera (the screen) more fragile?
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Pentaxophile
Posted 03/05/2010 - 15:18 Link
If it's built right, it actually protects the screen from getting scratched. You fold it away when not in use.
Edited by Pentaxophile: 03/05/2010 - 15:19
Mike-P
Posted 03/05/2010 - 15:36 Link
Swivel screen and decent liveview = Macro shooters dream.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.