RHS Harlow Carr - a broader view

jvs

Link Posted 29/06/2020 - 20:38
We had booked to go to Harlow Carr last Thursday when it was really hot - our first outing since lockdown started. Having seen the excellent post by psburnley before we went, I took the camera for my own amusement. However, the lushness of the greenery and the striking colour of the candelabra primulas in particular made me want to take a broader view, so I hope these are sufficiently different from the earlier post as not to be mere repetition. The combination of light and shade is particularly what I wanted to capture. All taken with K-1 and D-FA 28-105. Please feel free to comment!

John

pschlute

Link Posted 29/06/2020 - 22:43
I think no. 6 wins for me.
Peter

My Flickr page

Lubbyman

Link Posted 30/06/2020 - 09:37
Very good. Concentrating on light and shade has worked. A lovely set which shows off the subtle skill of the garden designer.

And definitely not repetition.

Steve

psburnley

Link Posted 30/06/2020 - 09:43
Well done, nice set. No. 3 for me. No. 1 gives a flavour of the richness and variety of the greens at the gardens. Glad the primulas are lasting so long.

prsjnb

Link Posted 30/06/2020 - 19:55
1, 5, 6, 7 and 8 would make my shortlist based on impact and visual appeal with 1 and 8 vying for the top spot on the podium.

The more detailed shots are cracking candidates for the 'scratch and sniff' treatment

Jon
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.