removing the base plate of an MEsuper, battery leaked

integerspin

Link Posted 18/05/2017 - 18:33
I am guessing I need to remove the base plate to clean the crap out of the battery hole.
Do any parts fly out if you take the base off?

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 19/05/2017 - 05:53
I don't think that an ME Super will have any parts directly connected to, or held in by, the baseplate. You should be able to take it off without any worries.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

MikeInDevon

Link Posted 19/05/2017 - 09:33
Here's a link to a web site with various Pentax camera's service manuals including the one for the ME Super, they are downloadable as PDFs. It has an exploded diagram of that camera on page 16.

http://www.robertstech.com/manuals.htm

Regards
Mike

vic cross

Link Posted 19/05/2017 - 10:12
Simple solution. When taking something apart of that nature do it in a big plastic bag. That way if anything jumps out it's contained within the bag and you can see it. I learned that the hard way when I lost a lot of little balls and springs from a hydraulic valve.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 20/05/2017 - 16:42
I have taken off the base-plate of MY ME Supers and nothing 'leaps out' . Just do not sneeze as you get the small screws out though ---
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

JAK

Link Posted 20/05/2017 - 16:51
This might help:
Fix Old Cameras: Pentax ME-Super Winding Issues
Not the same issue but the process is described and you can see what to expect.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 20/05/2017 - 16:53

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 23/05/2017 - 16:05
I have exactly that 'wind' issue now with one of my ME Supers but I am a bit scared to try that repair at the moment, getting to oil the mirror latch lever ---- !!
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

JAK

Link Posted 23/05/2017 - 18:00
I've got a boot sale MG with it too. Sometimes it winds fine, sometimes it doesn't.
John K
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.