Registering Ricoh Camera for Warranty

dangie

Link Posted 11/03/2019 - 09:40
Hello
Recently bought a Ricoh GRii camera from SRS Microsystems. I'm now trying in vain to register it for warranty. I found what I thought was the correct online page but when I tried to find my camera from the drop down list it only appeared to have what I assume were office products. I clicked on 'other' but whn I entered my serial number it came up as invalid.

I emailed SRS Microsystems who replied within 5 minutes (excellent) but unfortunately the link they gave me was to the same page I'd already tried.

I've emailed SRS back, but I while waiting for a reply I wondered if there's anyone on here who has had more success in registering their Ricoh camera.

Thank you.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

dangie

Link Posted 11/03/2019 - 09:46
Just had a reply from SRS (more excellent service) they tell me that Rich say that as SRS are a main Ricoh dealer I don't have to register my camera. Just keep hold of the receipt and it will be covered.

johnriley

Link Posted 11/03/2019 - 09:48
I have never registered a camera, just retaining the receipt so that if warranty repair is needed I have proof of purchase. In the case of SRS, all our purchases are listed online if we register for their website.

Does registering have any benefit as we don't need it for warranty returns?
Best regards, John

dangie

Link Posted 11/03/2019 - 10:10
Hello John
You're probably correct as in these days of online shopping there is always a record of what and when you made a purchase.

I suppose it's just habit that I do it.

pschlute

Link Posted 11/03/2019 - 11:22
Yes don't bother with registering. SRS just handled a warranty repair on my K-1 on my behalf, I didn't even need to show the receipt.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.