Rare / Collectible Item For Sale

davidstorm

Link Posted 10/03/2021 - 14:34
Hi All

I have an interesting and rare / collectible item for sale, which I've previously offered on ebay and although it attracted a lot of bids, it did not reach the reserve price. I'm offering it on here as I need to sell before myself and my wife go back to Corfu on 2nd April, we are resident there but have been stuck in England over the Winter due to the Covid outbreak. The item is a Pentax ME F in beautiful and fully working condition, with a rare Pentax Digital Data M back, the dedicated and hard to find 35-70mm f/2.8 AF zoom lens (this lens was made for the ME F and the camera will only work in autofocus mode with this lens attached) and a working ME Winder II attached. Also included is the original ME F instruction manual.

Pentax buffs will know that the ME F was Pentax's first autofocus SLR camera, so has a unique place in Pentax history. This model in itself is not a rare camera, but to find one with its dedicated lens is very unusual. The lens is optically superb. Condition-wise the items are excellent and all are fully working. Points to note relate to the lens only, this has suffered some laquer loss on the lens barrel (could be re-painted but I haven't touched it) and also the rubber lens grip has lifted a little near one of the buttons. This could easily be re-glued down, but again I haven't touched it. The mirror bumper has been renewed and the rear door seals will be renewed if / when someone buys the camera. For rear seals I use 100% wool yarn, bedded in with silicone adhesive, this is a much better option than foam seals, it is more light-tight and should last a lifetime.

I'm looking for serious offers only, I won't sell it for a song, especially as the lens is worth a fair sum. If anyone is interested, please make me an offer of something approaching 200, I will be prepared to negotiate but not for a silly price. See images below, please pm me if you are interested.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

johnha

Link Posted 10/03/2021 - 15:19
Yes, rare bits of kit. I'm not interested only because I have the camera & lens myself. Good luck with the sale.
PPG Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 10/03/2021 - 21:22
johnha wrote:
Yes, rare bits of kit. I'm not interested only because I have the camera & lens myself. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks John.

Regards
David
Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 14/03/2021 - 16:43
PM received, possibly sold, subject to negotiation.

Regards
David
Flickr

jeallen01

Link Posted 14/03/2021 - 19:16
If anyone is interested, I've still got a Databack M that I bought for my MZ-5N but never ever used - been sitting in the cupboard for over a decade!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

jeallen01

Link Posted 15/03/2021 - 09:55
jeallen01 wrote:
If anyone is interested, I've still got a Databack M that I bought for my MZ-5N but never ever used - been sitting in the cupboard for over a decade!

Got the above wrong - it's a Databack FG, and thus not the "M" version

Sorry!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

davidstorm

Link Posted 15/03/2021 - 15:34
ME F, autofocus lens, data back and winder is now sold, thanks to everyone for your input.

Regards
David
Flickr

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.