professional professional
Posted 07/09/2011 - 14:43
Link
Mike-P wrote:
The potential professional of course. Don wrote:
beats me...
Who does?beats me...
Seriously Jeff I wouldn't know.
Some are already professional, some are semi professional, some keen amateurs who maybe sell the odd photo, some are beginners, but then again some never post a thing so how can we say?
Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:07
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I'm married, so I can't say or I'll get beaten again....
Don wrote:
beats me...
Who does?beats me...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:08
Link
are you a man or a mouse
show me the cheese lol
show me the cheese lol
playing firm but fair all the way
Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:25
Link
dare i say anyone of us........ suggest Puma
K5's (2)both gripped, K10d gripped, Pentax 28-90 f3.5, Sigma 18-250mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro, Sigma 10-20 f.4-5.6.EX DC, Hoya 135 f2.8, Take on 28mm f2.8 Pentax AF360 flash, 2 fill in slaves. 30 metre remote release, Rt angle viewfinder, Giotto NOT 3261B Tripod with Manfrotto 808Rd4 ball head, Manfroto 4861RC2 monopoly, shoulder stock, various filters etc, Panasonic SET HBS HD Video cam, Tamrac Explorer 8x backpack and a sore back.....
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
-------------------------------------------------------
Photography is an index for measuring futility and pride.......
Paul
:wink
http://s743.photobucket.com/home/pg20_photos/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pg20
Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:33
Link
jeff0000 wrote:
are you a man or a mouse
show me the cheese lol
ALL North American men come pre-neutered, thanx alot womens lib.....
are you a man or a mouse
show me the cheese lol
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 07/09/2011 - 16:49
Link
There are loads of images on this forum that are good enough to sit alongside images made by "professionals". (none of them are mine may i add). the knowledge that some members have is clearly very broad and detailed- I would think some professional togs know less.
I would think that business acumen, networking and getting "well known" in the relevant market will be just as important as the images.
Ultimately you would be self employed- a big gamble regardless of how good the images are.
I think there are more photographers out there who can produce "professional" quality images than there is demand for such images.
I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
I would think that business acumen, networking and getting "well known" in the relevant market will be just as important as the images.
Ultimately you would be self employed- a big gamble regardless of how good the images are.
I think there are more photographers out there who can produce "professional" quality images than there is demand for such images.
I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:02
Link
japers45 wrote:
I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
I wouldn't.I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
The need to produce the perfect picture in a limited time would do my head in.
Those who make a living at it, really make a living at, it have my utmost respect.
Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:23
Link
[quote:3496ace15f="Gwyn"][quote:3496ace15f="japers45"]I wouldn't.
The need to produce the perfect picture in a limited time would do my head in. quote]
I dont think the images professional photographers produce are always perfect. They just need to be good enough for the client to pay you.
There are some fairly poor wedding photographers out there that make a living after all.
Ultimately I would really like to get paid to take photographs- I do it for free and for my own pleasure so to get paid would be amazing. Never gonna happen!
The need to produce the perfect picture in a limited time would do my head in. quote]
I dont think the images professional photographers produce are always perfect. They just need to be good enough for the client to pay you.
There are some fairly poor wedding photographers out there that make a living after all.
Ultimately I would really like to get paid to take photographs- I do it for free and for my own pleasure so to get paid would be amazing. Never gonna happen!
Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:28
Link
Maybe they aren't always perfect but they do need to be of a good standard, especially for a wedding - or you'll never get enough clients to make it pay.
Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:36
Link
Gwyn wrote:
The need to produce the perfect picture in a limited time would do my head in.
Those who make a living at it, really make a living at, it have my utmost respect.
The perfect picture has never been taken!
japers45 wrote:
I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
I wouldn't.I say fair play to the guys who craft a living from photography, it cant be easy- but I would love to change places with them
The need to produce the perfect picture in a limited time would do my head in.
Those who make a living at it, really make a living at, it have my utmost respect.
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 07/09/2011 - 17:38
Link
A "perfect picture" assumes someone has the right to define the criteria that it is judged against...:
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


138 posts
16 years
Germany