Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Priory interior with the Pentax A 16mm f2.8

LennyBloke
Posted 31/05/2018 - 09:45 Link
Some more shots of the interior of Great Malvern Priory taken with the K1 mkII and SMC A 16mm f2.8 (click for bigger image on Flickr)...

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

...although it may seem the ideal subject for a lens like this it's really not as easy as I imagined! Selecting the right angle and getting the composition right is difficult - there are so many potential distractions towards the edges. The variation between highlights and shadows is so great that the sensor and PP together only just cope, CA is quite problematic (particularly around the window lights) - but fortunately LightRoom adjustments deal with them quite well.

This is going to be an interesting journey
LennyBloke
McBrian
Posted 31/05/2018 - 11:19 Link
Your B&W pp is pretty damn good #3 is my pick (without the visitors
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Edited by McBrian: 31/05/2018 - 11:19
pschlute
Posted 31/05/2018 - 12:00 Link
No.'s 4 and 5 for me. Terrific.
Mike-P
Posted 31/05/2018 - 12:09 Link
There are very few subjects that suit a fisheye and one that people seem to go for quite a lot is churches.

To be honest I'm not keen on 1 and 2 and 3 would be much better without those pesky people. 5 looks a bit strange to me as in not the correct angle BUT ..... love number 4

I recently purchased a 15mm Sigma f/2.8 fisheye for the K-1 and am struggling to get out and use it at the moment, your recent efforts will hopefully spur me on to use it.
Sry
Posted 31/05/2018 - 19:46 Link
Impressive angle of view, for sure! I rather like the lopsided organ, and your PP is great.
Posted 01/06/2018 - 14:33 Link
Really like these... great use of the fish... no.4 in particular for me... lovely light, and super composition...

Best
Aitch53
Posted 01/06/2018 - 15:19 Link
2 and 4 for me - the problem with 1 (in my opinion!) is that you lose the richness of the floor/ceiling contrasting with the lightness of the glass.

B&W works with 5 - but the angle does my head in!
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.
augustin
Posted 04/06/2018 - 15:26 Link
Thanks for sharing, splendid shots! And very inspiring for using different angle as a way to represent experience of feeling inside. It looks like moving by a finger can have a dramatic effect on composition. You are correct about use of sides and corner that is always a challenge here! To me your series is a great way to train the eyes on how various types of shots change everything. I probably will keep them for reference in my own training.

Was actually considering the 16mm so it's very timely (I have used the 17mm but found a bit of limitations with light in the viewfinder, even if it's still a mighty little lens with incredible punch for its size). The result you are able to produce speaks loudly!
Chrism8
Posted 04/06/2018 - 15:38 Link
These look superb John.
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.