Prices of Pentax-fit lenses on ebay

prsjnb

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 13:26
Normally, I abhor the use of racial stereotypes, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I discovered the nationality of the creator of this amazing lens database

link

Original link found on RiceHigh's Pentax Blog:

link

I now realise that I'm further to the left on the OCD spectrum than I'd previously thought

Jon

womble

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 13:58
I did maintain an ebay prices database for a while but got bored with it, and only targetted things I was dreaming of buying. This guy uses a piece of software called "baywatcher pro" to track the prices though, making the whole thing much easier than it appears!

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

sorted78

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 14:52
It's interesting to see that many lenses seem to be dropping in price over time; from reading posts on here and other forums, I was under the impression that they were getting more expensive!

JohnX

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 15:15
sorted78 wrote:
It's interesting to see that many lenses seem to be dropping in price over time; from reading posts on here and other forums, I was under the impression that they were getting more expensive!

Not sure if it's 'many' lenses; certainly some newer ones seem to be holding their price, especially if purchased before the big price rise last(?) year.

johnriley

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 15:23
It depends on the lens. There is always a high demand for the rarer lenses or for those that happen to be the current fashion.
Best regards, John

Dangermouse

Link Posted 20/09/2011 - 15:29
Where is he checking prices? It may have some bearing on whether they seem to be rising or falling.

I know the Dimitrov site's suggested prices and those of the other forum's review section often have little relation to those on ebay UK!
Matt

Shooting the Welsh Wilderness with K-m, KX, MX, ME Super and assorted lenses.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.