Post your favourite photo taken this year :)

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 21:14
Like the title says

Post your fav photo taken with a Pentax camera in 2014 and talk about why you liked it etc.

For me being a street photographer its about capturing something unique - the juxtaposition, uniqueness and contrast of every day life. This was taken back in March. This guy decided to rest for a second and Im so glad I got it. Literally after the shot was taken he got straight up and walked across the street.

If only moments like that came along all the time!

So lets see those photos!
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

stu62

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 21:55
im thinking off a tv program waiting for god

johnriley

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 22:16

I don't have one single favourite picture from any year really, but I'll post this one of a Tawny Owl in the wild. It's not technically perfect, but it does show something that I have never seen before. It also shows that despite the fact it was almost dark the Pentax K-5 and 55-300mm lens enabled me to find and focus on this owl where almost all the other photographers around me failed to do so. It was late in the day, a rapidly darkening dusk. All those branches were in the way. The owls themselves, two of them, were well concealed.

But I'm pleased with it, as there at least is the shot and very satisfying it was too.
Best regards, John

redbusa99

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:08
this has to be mine, first serious attempt at it but did have the perfect storm for it. 1;30 in the morning 17th July

K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:10
Awesome!
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/

Blythman

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:31
Sorry Alistair but I can't make my mind up between two. Neither are the best of photos, but I just felt so privileged to be there in both instances

A photo of a Bearded Tit in Northumberland

Male Bearded Tit 3 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

And would you believe less scarce is a photo of the Aurora in Northumberland

Aurora Dunstanburgh 3 by Alan Wennington, on Flickr
Alan

PPG
Flickr

davidstorm

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:46
It is so hard to choose a favourite from the whole year, but this has to be mine. Not a spectacular image, but so hard to get one like this. Taken with the K-5iis and DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro lens.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:50
davidstorm wrote:
It is so hard to choose a favourite from the whole year, but this has to be mine. Not a spectacular image, but so hard to get one like this. Taken with the K-5iis and DFA 100mm F2.8 Macro lens.

Regards
David

Lovely David...I spent a long time a while back trying some "Bee in flight" shots with the K5 and DFA 100mm macro...none as good as yours! Lovely colour on the tulip btw
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

swarf

Link Posted 23/12/2014 - 23:52
Hard to choose a favourite, but this has to be in the running. It is a reminder of a lovely holiday, and a great day being guided around Tuscany by Giulio57. It's also in B&W which I love, and finally I think that the clouds are great.

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link

McGregNi

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 00:11
I'll go for this long distance view from the Purbeck Hills, early morning back in August, looking towards Poole Harbour and Studland Bay, with the Bournemouth shoreline to the far right..... Lovely to be there, but I was very pleased with this result.

My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

mudge

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 00:13

I enjoyed turning a static image of a replica spitfire supported on a pole into a realistic dynamic image, using PSE10 (clone and radial blur tools)
Last Edited by mudge on 24/12/2014 - 00:17

alfpics

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 09:00
Some great images coming up here - love the Clouds in swarf's Tuscany scene/ would love to capture an insect in flight as davidstorm has done, and also a lightning shot and aurora as well. Could go on...!

Again difficult to choose one favourite, but this (along with many others from our holiday) is up near the top for me;

It is in the gallery - but this was middle of the night on Jura at Corran bay. Beautifully still excepting that I had to wear a midge head-net!
Andy
Last Edited by alfpics on 24/12/2014 - 09:00

Stridey

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 09:46
Difficult to choose my own favourite but I think this it :

I like it because I managed to capture the side lighting on so many of the trees and I worked hard to get some separation between the trees.

However, when I had completed the shot, I realised a fantastic sunset had developed to the right and I was too far into the wood to get out in time for another shot !

I consoled myself by the thought it had been a privilege and a pleasure to be in such a beautiful place

Regards
Nigel
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

08tiger

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 10:40
Some very nice images up so far, again it is to hard to decide and in what category. This one from a UK trip this year is memorable (took me an age to find some poppies)

C&C welcome.
Don.

alfpics

Link Posted 24/12/2014 - 10:44
Lovely when you manage to get a woodland scene like that Nigel, and love the poppy shot too!
Andy
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.