Possible misprice Jessops Pentax 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DA ED Lens

Keen2Learn

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 00:20
Reuben0 wrote:
That explains why they have none left
I do hope you'll be able to sell them all!

R

Sold the 16 Pentax lenses in December, sold very well.
Ashley wrote:

Are you selling these?

In short, ... yes.

Some of you will remember that back in April/May I had to sell all my Pentax equipment to pay an unexpected large bill. I have been without my own camera for over 6 months and have been using a friend's camera on odd occasions which isn't the same as having your own and capturing that moment.
I've had some bad luck and these lenses are helping to fund a new camera for myself. A purchase will hopefully be made within a few weeks and all thanks to Jessops and their unbelievable cheap prices.
So again it's a big thank you to Jessops.

In return I will be buying my next camera in-store from .... Jessops.
I was in Jessops only today (thursday) discussing with a very helpful assistant what my next purchase might be. Obviously it won't be a Pentax as Jessops no longer stock them but I wish to support them in the same, but unknowing way, that they have indirectly supported me. So in theory I am returning some of that profit to them (that's how I look at it).

I will keep you posted on my new purchase as and when I actually get it in my hands. Hopefully I will not get another unexpected bill in the mean time (touch wood).

Computer buff
Music videos
Massive music collection
- Stephen -
Pentax K-7, DA 16-50mm F2.8, DA 50-135mm F2.8, DA 200mm F2.8, DA 300mm f/4.0, AF-540 FGZ TTL Flash, Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 APO DG, Manfrotto 190XProB tripod, Manfrotto 679B Monopod, Tripod Head 804RC2, Monopod Head 234RC,

stevek10d

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 10:51
[quote:3496ace15f="missmarple"]I'm feeling a little left out here.No Tamron offer and my order cancelled for me.I think I will have to spend the money on a nice bottle of wine to console myself.[/quote

Missmarple if you wanted one of the Tamron lenses, I have not replied yet, pm me if you want one. It is just my luck that the replacement offer is a lens I already have!!

Steve.
K10D, kit lens, Tamron 70-300, Konig Tripod, Velbon Mono.

iceblinker

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 12:44
Keen2Learn wrote:
I will keep you posted on my new purchase as and when I actually get it in my hands.

Perhaps you could post to a Nikon/Canon/whatever forum instead as you no longer have a Pentax camera.
~Pete

Keen2Learn

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 16:12
iceblinker wrote:
Keen2Learn wrote:
I will keep you posted on my new purchase as and when I actually get it in my hands.

Perhaps you could post to a Nikon/Canon/whatever forum instead as you no longer have a Pentax camera.

Trying to get rid of me?

Computer buff
Music videos
Massive music collection
- Stephen -
Pentax K-7, DA 16-50mm F2.8, DA 50-135mm F2.8, DA 200mm F2.8, DA 300mm f/4.0, AF-540 FGZ TTL Flash, Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 APO DG, Manfrotto 190XProB tripod, Manfrotto 679B Monopod, Tripod Head 804RC2, Monopod Head 234RC,

Tooks

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 17:23
iceblinker wrote:
Keen2Learn wrote:

Maybe not, but he does have a lot of Pentax fit lenses!!

Not very friendly though that comment was it?

abigdoob

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 19:15
missmarple wrote:
I'm feeling a little left out here.No Tamron offer and my order cancelled for me.I think I will have to spend the money on a nice bottle of wine to console myself.

I shouldn't feel too left out. My order's been cancelled too, with no explanation. I've emailed them 3 times so far, enquiring, and haven't received any response.
But, I see they've just made a big loss, which I'm afraid I took some pleasure in.

LiamD

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 19:38
I got my email yesterday offering the Tamron. Replied accepting the swap, and was phoned up today to confirm delivery middle of next week. I already have the FA 100-300, so it will be interesting to compare.. and AF "macro" could be useful, although I don't see my manual 70-210 Soligor macro lens being usurped any time soon..

Cheers

Liam
Liam

"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James

Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas

iceblinker

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 19:44
Sorry for being not very friendly to someone posting to a forum for Pentax users who bought a large number of Pentax lenses for profit in order to buy a non Pentax camera in order to thank the supplier who enabled the profit.

Sorry for being a bit more freindly to those with a genuine interest in Pentax when they're posting to a forum for Pentax users.
~Pete

Keen2Learn

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 20:04
iceblinker wrote:
Sorry for being not very friendly to someone posting to a forum for Pentax users who bought a large number of Pentax lenses for profit in order to buy a non Pentax camera in order to thank the supplier who enabled the profit.

Sorry for being a bit more freindly to those with a genuine interest in Pentax when they're posting to a forum for Pentax users.

My original intention was to buy a Pentax K20D from Jessops but due to them no longer stocking Pentax then it will have to be a Canon, Nikon or Sony.

I apologise if it's not to your liking .... tough!
I am a member of this forum and I am entitled to make posts, get advise, learn and participate in competions as every other member.

Computer buff
Music videos
Massive music collection
- Stephen -

johnriley

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 20:05
There's no need to be unfriendly to anyone.
Best regards, John

stevek10d

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 20:23
iceblinker wrote:

I am not being 'unfriendly', but I agree wole heartedly with the above quote, my point was that I, along with numerous others would have relished the opportunity to buy one of these lenses.
But because a greedy 'few' ordered multiples of said lens, most of us missed out.

So I would describe myself as very disappointed rather than unfriendly.

Steve
K10D, kit lens, Tamron 70-300, Konig Tripod, Velbon Mono.

iceblinker

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 20:36
OK, my friendly advice to K2L is to think about what camera you would like best rather than thinking it's more important to be loyal to Jessops. They've had plenty of your money already. You don't have to give them the profit you made back to them.

You certainly don't have to buy Canon or Nikon or Sony. If you want a K20D, get a K20D! What other camera provides such good build quality, ergonomics and features for the money? You already know the answer.

You might even be in time for Cashback if you order from SRS tomorrow. They might accept a deposit if you can't pay the full amount straight away. Give them a call, is my friendly advice.
~Pete

Tooks

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 22:02
stevek10d wrote:
iceblinker wrote:

I am not being 'unfriendly', but I agree wole heartedly with the above quote, my point was that I, along with numerous others would have relished the opportunity to buy one of these lenses.
But because a greedy 'few' ordered multiples of said lens, most of us missed out.

So I would describe myself as very disappointed rather than unfriendly.

Steve

I don't think it's a 'greedy few' who have meant you've missed out Steve, but rather Pentax no longer supplying Jessops which means they can't fulfil the orders.

There must be enough 55-200 Pentax lenses to go round, just not at Jessops, nor at their (you've got to admit) crazy price.

missmarple

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 22:06
Missmarple if you wanted one of the Tamron lenses, I have not replied yet, pm me if you want one. It is just my luck that the replacement offer is a lens I already have!!

Steve.[/quote]

That is very kind.I have a Pentax 55-300 already so the Tamron would have been just for the close up option.I think that there is probably someone on this forum who would benefit from the long range of this lens more than I would. I would be happy for someone else to benefit from your generous offer.Perhaps someone here could PM you with their interest and the three of us could come out of this saga with a warmth of feeling we didn't have before.
Thanks again, mm

Keen2Learn

Link Posted 30/01/2009 - 23:12
Would it be fair if I walked in to a supermarket who had an half-price offer on baked beans and buy 8 tins or would it be better to buy just 1 or 2 ?? (just to give someone else a chance)
Would it be fair if the carpet store was doing a half-price clearance sale and I decided to re-carpet the entire house or should I just re-carpet just one room? (just to give someone else a chance)

I saw a clearance price and grabbed it.

Am I greedy or just an opportunist ?

Most people can work overtime for extra cash, unfortunately I have a disability which prevents me from working. Would I rather be fit and working? You bet I would. As a former area sales manager I miss my 25-30k earnings + company car + other perks and adjusting to just over 5k a year isn't easy with no room for luxuries like holidays, dinners out, trips to the cinema etc.. so a little enterprise helps.
I buy a few things and I sell a few things. I spend 1 a week on a lottery ticket.

Computer buff
Music videos
Massive music collection
- Stephen -
Last Edited by Keen2Learn on 30/01/2009 - 23:13
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.