Portrait Session with Pentax Q and 07 *Mount Shield Lens

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 06/08/2019 - 19:25
The model must have thought I was mental today shooting with this combio ANd so did I initially if Im honest but afterwards when I loaded them onto the computer I was really happy with the results.

I left ALL my other gear at home and concentrated on trying my best with this F9 lens. I think the results are pretty good looking like the old Holga I shoot and the models clothing etc suits the output

All thoughts welcome

1)

2)

3)

4)

Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Last Edited by QuestionableCarrot on 06/08/2019 - 19:26

johnriley

Link Posted 06/08/2019 - 23:55
It worked well for you and I think you were quite right to leave everything else behind. Otherwise, the temptation to revert to our normal style can be hard to resist.

It paid off.
Best regards, John

richandfleur

Link Posted 06/08/2019 - 23:57
Not sure how I feel about only the centre of the frame being in focus for a portrait shoot

pschlute

Link Posted 07/08/2019 - 02:05
They are different, and i commend you for trying something new. They don't really do it for me I am afraid, but just personal opinion.
Peter

My Flickr page

alfpics

Link Posted 07/08/2019 - 07:27
A good bit of self-discipline!
richandfleur wrote:
Not sure how I feel about only the centre of the frame being in focus for a portrait shoot

I feel the same; 2 and 4 - the oof effect is too pronounced for the face. However I do like no 1 and 3 where the effect is less pronounced and doesn't adversely affect the face IMO.
Andy

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 07/08/2019 - 09:22
The "pinhole" effect is always going to prevalent and i knew that before organizing the photos. Its never going to clinically sharp but I do think the ethereal quality suits the image well
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.