Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

PKremote for Samsung GX10 Mac OS X

P_H_I_L_L
Posted 03/05/2010 - 11:43 Link
I know Pentax remote assistant doesn't work on the Samsung GX10 but I've found a piece of software called PKremote which does work. Trouble is, it's a Linux application and I'm running Mac OS X

I'd really love to get the remote capture working for time lapse, stop motion projects. Does anyone know how to recompile a linux application for Mac?
flossie
Posted 03/05/2010 - 12:16 Link
How about installing Virtual Box (the Mac version obviously!), then installing Ubuntu into this, then running PKremote.

I know it sounds a lot of hassle, but its easier than it seems, and very flexible (window within window...)
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Edited by flossie: 03/05/2010 - 12:16
P_H_I_L_L
Posted 04/05/2010 - 11:45 Link
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to give it a go. Fingers crossed...
P_H_I_L_L
Posted 04/05/2010 - 13:31 Link
This is so alien to me. I'm used to downloading an application that works on a mac, not ones you have to build yourself.

I got virtual box and ubunto running fine, when I try to install pkremote I have to install something called GTK! and libglade first. I downloaded the first of these but it's another that I have to compile first and for that I need something else, which I need to compile etc, etc.

The extent of the instructions are: 'Build by typing 'make'

I assume this to be in terminal and I know how to change directory to get there but when I type make it says something about there being no make file.

Never mind.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.