ttk

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 16:19
Just wanted to share taken with 50mm. f1.4 on K20D, first try with silkypix

C+C Welcome

Tel,

aminstar

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 17:00
Tel

This looks fabulous. You have managed to bring the whole beauty out of an ordinary pink. Cracking shot. I like this image really a lot.

Did you take handheld? I have been a bit frustrated using my 50mm f1.4. Cant seem to manage to get the best out of it. Truth be said though that I haven't tried with lots of subjects, mainly just chasing my little ones around the house to see if I can catch them still for a fraction of a second so I could snap them. So far 90% of my shots are either out of focus, or partially focused at the best. Got to dedicate myself more to it.

Yesterday after a bit of effort did just about manage to get couple of cute looking poses from the little one, but quite embarrassed even to upload and asking for comments

Amin
Amin Photo Gallery
Last Edited by aminstar on 17/02/2009 - 17:01

ttk

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 17:08
Amin,
Yes handheld but should have used a tripod.
Tel,

RR

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 17:21
Lovely tones on the rose, but the background is too busy for me & is distracting to the eye. Particularly the more in-focus white flowers & the harsh shadow below the rose. Did you try it with a shallower dof ?
My Flickr

ttk

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 18:21
RR wrote:
Lovely tones on the rose, but the background is too busy for me & is distracting to the eye. Particularly the more in-focus white flowers & the harsh shadow below the rose. Did you try it with a shallower dof ?

Points taken and I will be trying a shallower dof tomorrow.
Tel,

RR

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 18:45
Tel, don't go by one opinion alone ! Others may post in & appreciate the extra interest of the white flowers.
I've simulated one here with shallower dof & the whites still bother me, although your 50mm bokeh may well be more pleasing than PS fakery.

edit: oops, forgot image

My Flickr
Last Edited by RR on 17/02/2009 - 18:46

matic

Link Posted 17/02/2009 - 19:52
ttk wrote:
Just wanted to share taken with 50mm. f1.4 on K20D, first try with silkypix

C+C Welcome

hello,

i too like the colour and also the texture, the background is slightly distracting for me,it would have been all to easy to turn the pink color of the rose into something that resemblems a childs plastic toy, all pretty and shiny, but you didnt.. good effort.

many thanks,

roger.
many thanks,

roger.

pentax cameras - spotmatic, spotmatic spII pinhole, MX, Sfx-n, k1000, p30
pentax lenses - 28mm,50mm,105mm,150mm,300mm
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.