Pics with a Raynoc DCR250

lidy

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 16:17
In another topic I read somebody had ordered a Raynox DCR250. I got one of those myself a few months ago. I'm sure a dedicated macro lens will give (far) better results, but I've settled for a Raynox for now. They're much cheaper, I've seen some amazing results of pictures taken with them and it's a good way to find out whether I (eventually) am enough into macro to spend some serious money on a proper macro lens. Anyway, the pictures below were taken with the Raynox clipped onto the kit lens (18-55). I had great fun experimenting with it and will probably buy the DCR150 as well at a later stage. What do you think? Not too bad for a 50 buy, is it?

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. - Ansel Adams -
Last Edited by lidy on 14/10/2009 - 16:23

mr.mellow

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 17:47
Sorry but none of the photos look particularly sharp, although I think the colours are OK.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.

My Flickr link

lidy

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 20:40
Don't be sorry, Mr Mellow, if you don't like them, you don't like them. I don't quite agree about them not being sharp or in focus at all though. A characteristic - good or bad - of the Raynox250 is that it has an extremely narrow DOF. And I think that there is a focus point in every picture if you look carefully.
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. - Ansel Adams -

Mike-P

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 20:55
I bought one a while back and must admit I havent played with it much but I rather like the "dreamy" quality it seems to give on flowers. These were taken with it on a Pentax F 50mm f1.7.

As you say, the DOF is very small.

. My Flickr

lidy

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 21:05
Those are greta, Mike. I do like them!

lidy

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 21:09
BTW, I'm sorry about the typo in the topic title. Maybe a mod or admin could change it for me, please, so that it can be traced later on?

We're in between changing internet providers (which is a disaster, really, in spite of the '4 easy steps to your new provider' promises). Anyway, I keep losing my internet connection unexpectedly and there's not much time to check my messages for typos or other errors sometimes. Sorry about that!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.