Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Photomatix Upgrade

bforbes
Posted 05/08/2023 - 22:13 Link
I've been using Photomatix Essentials for some time now for producing HDR images. This is the free version, but wondered if anyone used the pro version to advantage.
Defragged
Posted 06/08/2023 - 00:09 - Helpful Comment Link
If I'm not mistaken I believe you get a trial period for the Pro version in which case why not download, install and try it for yourself to determine if the Pro version gives you any advantages over the free version which are worth paying for. Just a thought!

PS An interesting review of alternative HDR programmes here:- link
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, vintage lenses and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!
Edited by Defragged: 06/08/2023 - 00:17
bforbes
Posted 06/08/2023 - 11:28 Link
I have trialled the pro version. Just looking for a broader view really, for which your link was helpful.
But things move fast these days and his recommendation, Aurora HDR, has already morphed into HDR Merge. Which in turn is now part of the Luminar Neo bundle.

Favourite at the moment is the Nik Efex collection with the added bonus of also updating my Silver Efex.
stub
Posted 06/08/2023 - 19:15 - Helpful Comment Link
Why you can trust Digital Camera World

Best HDR software 2023 : Affinity Photo HDR

1. Affinity Photo Tone Mapping Persona
Excellent HDR capability within standalone Affinity 2 editing software

2. Lightroom HDR Merge
3. Photoshop CC HDR merge
4. Photomatix Pro.
5. Nik HDR Efex Pro 2
6. HDR Merge in Luminar Neo.
bforbes
Posted 07/08/2023 - 06:34 Link
I've narrowed it down to three options
Affinity, Photomatix, or forget it.
My go to editing software is AcDsee ,which the free version of Nik Efex worked with as a plugin for my DNG files. Nik Efex 6 does not plug in Silver Efex. Then when I tried using it as a standalone it's telling me it can't work with DNG

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.