Photo in the magazine

aminstar

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 10:49
Am chuffed to bits . Just got news that one of my wine glass images taken with K20 and macro lens is going to be published in full page in the

http://www.digitalslrphoto.com/

Another one also is coming up but for the month after as there is an editorial with behind the scenes work to be prepared and I just couldn't get my backside to do it on time. Quite a lot of work involved and also they requested my little one to be involved, if I manage to get him to follow the instructions. Otherwise will be something different. Oh by the way, original image that captured their attention was also taken with K20 .

Ok, now go ahead and you can take the mickey out of me but thought I should mention it here
By the way, there is a nice fee involved too

I must mention this here by the way also, when I started I hardly knew what an f/stop was, but in here I received the most help and support imaginable and true I would bang my head days on end in the shed playing with smoke, water bubbles, you name it, and around the woods shooting wildlife etc to try to cement my knowledge in the field and practise as much as possible, but in the end you lot here played a huge part in all I know today. So a huge word of thank you to all of you .
Amin Photo Gallery
Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 19/09/2010 - 12:22

terje-l

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:00
Congrats, Amin! Well done.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ

TonyM

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:17
Nice one Amin! You deserve it for all the hard work you put in.

Cheers

Tony

aminstar

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:23
Terry, Tony, thank you, I am quite chuffed to bits . I could have even let them use the images free just for the pleasure of seeing them printed big size in a magazine issue like that but the fee makes it even more sweeter
Amin Photo Gallery

davex

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:33
Congratulations Amin , just reward for all those hours in the shed.
Without wishing to sound a bit thick which magazine

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

Mannesty

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:38
You're a credit to the forum and the hobby Amin. A defector yes, but a credit all the same.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

aminstar

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 11:48
davex wrote:
Congratulations Amin , just reward for all those hours in the shed.
Without wishing to sound a bit thick which magazine

Davex.

Oops, sorry, used different link. I was supposed to link the magazine website instead I put the image one
the link to the magazine is this one

NOTE TO MODERATORE: Please can you correct the mistake as I cannot access the edit function of the first post anymore. I was supposed to link the magazine and then just put the image below the comment.
Seems I have lost practise chatting around the forum, I need brushing up my technique again
Amin Photo Gallery

davex

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 12:05
Quote:
A defector yes

Notice the original link points to canonforums.
Will put a note in my diary to get the issue.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

techno-terminator

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 12:18
OOOOOOOH congratulations

Fantastic pic
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

K10D

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 12:20
Well done that man.

Regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

pink

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 12:26
well done and I like your web site

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

aminstar

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 12:28
davex wrote:
Quote:
A defector yes

Notice the original link points to canonforums.
Will put a note in my diary to get the issue.

Davex.

Davex, you missed the point, I put up that image in the canon forums also to show them the quality of the image taken with a Pentax camera and lens , that's why it was in my server folder under canon forums

But now its all back to normal, so here is the image. I think the appeal to this image is the shape of the brandy man hanging by the glass, not wantint to let it go . I aptly named this image "Drink abuse "

Amin Photo Gallery
Last Edited by aminstar on 19/09/2010 - 12:30

fatspider

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 15:23
Quote:
but in the end you lot here played a huge part in all I know today. So a huge word of thank you to all of you

No problemm Amin, I'm sure the fee will buy a few of us a drink

Congratulation
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

aminstar

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 16:49
fatspider wrote:
Quote:
but in the end you lot here played a huge part in all I know today. So a huge word of thank you to all of you

No problemm Amin, I'm sure the fee will buy a few of us a drink

Congratulation

If you are ok to share a drink with a canonite then certainly drinks are on me . Remember I am a pentaxian at heart anyway
Amin Photo Gallery

jackitec

Link Posted 19/09/2010 - 17:09
Congrats Amin, just send the money for the drink as I am a canonite too,
and Scottish Jack.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.