Perhaps a couple of genuinely useful Kr Paint Jobs in this lot?

jules

Link Posted 20/04/2011 - 17:37
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/141096-new-limited-edition...
Wildlife Shooters?
or maybe not...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

snappychappy

Link Posted 20/04/2011 - 17:46
shield your eye's.
My piccies.

Frogfish

Link Posted 20/04/2011 - 18:16
OK - what I said over there:

The Kr is a high quality entry level camera. As such being available in different colours means it attracts people from all walks of life and cultures. Many of whom find the fact they can choose a camera's colour to fit their personality the deciding factor in selecting their first DSLR (or even for switching from another brand).

The fact that the Kr is such a great little camera inevitably leads them to the K5 (or whatever is the flagship or step up model when they choose to upgrade).

All of which can only be good for Pentax in the long run.

n.b. I saw an ad for Canons in 4 different colours today. All manufacturers will follow Pentax's lead sooner or later.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0

jules

Link Posted 20/04/2011 - 23:24
Frogfish wrote:
OK - what I said over there:

The Kr is a high quality entry level camera. As such being available in different colours means it attracts people from all walks of life and cultures. Many of whom find the fact they can choose a camera's colour to fit their personality the deciding factor in selecting their first DSLR (or even for switching from another brand).

The fact that the Kr is such a great little camera inevitably leads them to the K5 (or whatever is the flagship or step up model when they choose to upgrade).

All of which can only be good for Pentax in the long run.

n.b. I saw an ad for Canons in 4 different colours today. All manufacturers will follow Pentax's lead sooner or later.

I broadly agree here frogfish but for some shooters who love those camo neoprene lens coats etc, would the Camo and the Night ops/Panzer Jobby not be the icing on the cake? I see nothing with the ltd edition paint jobs et al, if it keeps interest up as Pentax only have two mainstream bodies to keep the "must haves" looking. It's a very eastern thing all the coloured bodies and such but if it sells em why not?
Kr is a super little Camera and I wish I could have kept mine.
Would have served me well and I could have sent the K5 away but I can't spare it at the moment, so have to carry on with that oddly behaving K5...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 20/04/2011 - 23:26

ccd333

Link Posted 21/04/2011 - 01:06
Love the Black Khaki Camo....it looks like legitimate gear. Understated, and effective. The rest are a bit pretentious for my tastes.

Joe S

Link Posted 21/04/2011 - 03:40
The past two years I have spent accumulated more than half a year travelling in SE Asia among plenty of photographer's including lots of Japanese and I yet have to spot one of those coloured Pentaxes. I occasianally see a Pentax and quite often when I do it is an old manual film camera, but I have also seen some K7s and KX. I saw one K7 owner "clean" the front element of the lens with the shirt the other day (yuk!)

I have seen one red KX in a shop in Thailand and never mind if I like the actual colour red or not it made the camera look like cheap plastic to me. My point is: colour is not just colour but also exudes a sense of texture, material and I was not impressed. To be honest I am beginning to think all these colour themes are primarily invented in order to have a steady flow of "news" for the web and is not matched in any way by actual sales.

Anyway, if there is one trend I would say it is people either carry a tiny compact or a big Canikon. This would indicate that if people are prepared to go DSLR at all they In fact I notice quite a few young women carry FF Nikons with a serious lens to match. On the other handt, a couple of times people have handed me their entry level Canikon for me to take their picture picture. And Christ ... they really feel like sh!t.

- With greetings from Louang Prabang, Laos - where I have just celebrated new year festivities.
Hi. My name is Joel and I'm a travelholic.
Stolen kit: Pentax K7 #3428965 and Pentax FA 43mm #0028350

Transit

Link Posted 24/04/2011 - 05:28
On showing my K-x owning daughter the multi-colour K-r she said...
'Oh that's disgusting, I'd take it to a gay pride thing but that's about it...'

Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River

Don

Link Posted 08/05/2011 - 04:14
Transit wrote:
On showing my K-x owning daughter the multi-colour K-r she said...
'Oh that's disgusting, I'd take it to a gay pride thing but that's about it...'

Pete

It's what is on the inside that matters...
the kr is a capable little camera....
here is a clip I shot with my kr today....
link
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Offertonhatter

Link Posted 08/05/2011 - 23:30
The bronze one is okay, the green is boarderline. The others are far too chavvy for my taste. But they will go with the Chav combats in the sink estates........
Some Cameras

Anvh

Link Posted 09/05/2011 - 16:38
I love the strap

I just hate the red letters on mine, it's to flashy...
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Last Edited by Anvh on 09/05/2011 - 16:39

cabstar

Link Posted 09/05/2011 - 16:48
I think they should be doing a tie up with Call Of Duty that black & white grey one looks ace.... I so want that...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

MrB

Link Posted 31/05/2011 - 01:32
As these comments appear to have begun in April, is this all a joke?
(I do hope so!)

Frogfish

Link Posted 31/05/2011 - 05:33
Interestingly the other day, whilst browsing the coloured Kx / Krs, I asked the owner of the Pentax-only shop, where I buy most of my gear from, how the coloured cameras sold and which were the best sellers : unequivocal answer, they sell just great, easily #1. Red #2. a tie between Black & White.

Another monster photographic super-store here has 3 rows of different Kx / Krs, in a mass customer hands-on display of around 70 DSLRs. I counted them, Pentax cameras totaled almost as many as the Canons (more than 20 K5s, K7s, Krs and Kxs) and far more than Nikon, Olympus etc.

Multiple choice coloured bodies are helping sell cameras to a younger set .... and that's all that matters.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Last Edited by Frogfish on 31/05/2011 - 05:35
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.